Business Systems Analyst
Greensboro, North Carolina
*W2 Candidates Only.
Our client, an innovative leader in the mortgage insurance industry, is seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join their team in Greensboro.
This is the perfect opportunity for a Business Systems Analyst with intermediate knowledge of assigned software business systems and/or data warehouse applications and experience working on an Agile development team or other role in an Agile organization to take on a new challenge with a leading mortgage insurance company.
As a Business Systems Analyst, you will be responsible for collaborating with the Digital Product Managers (DPM), Agile Program Managers (APM), business partners and users to capture the right business requirements and accurately translate them to specifications that aid design, coding and testing of complex software and/or data warehouse applications within the organization.
Performing as a member of an Agile Development team, the incumbent will be responsible for engaging with the DPM, APM, business and technology partners to support the conversion of their ideas into development user stories. You will get a chance to make a difference across the organization and must be an excellent communicator with outstanding analytical skills. The incumbent will work with other teams on highly visible and valuable software development projects intended to help grow the company’s digital platform and suite of product offerings.
Your essential duties will include:
- Working with the business users and DPM to accurately capture all stakeholder requests and translate them into system specifications which typically include functional, non-functional, user interface, reports and external interface specifications.
- Working with software engineers to ensure that the engineering realization is in accordance with the business specification and that user requirements and stories are well understood and developed accordingly.
- Working with the testers to ensure that all software components are tested adequately
- Collaborating with DPM and stakeholders on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve project and program objectives. Communicating effectively with stakeholders and DPM to identify needs and propose the best business solutions while always focusing on the problem to be resolved or goal to be achieved.
- Managing requirements risks by proactively tracking and communicating issues, and devising methods to mitigate them.
- Liaising with other digital program areas to coordinate interdependencies and resolve issues.
- Analyzing, mapping and communicating current state and future state business processes including gap analysis. Create templates or artifacts needed to prevent gaps in the future.
- Supporting business units in the resolution of in-depth user questions and issues.
- Maintaining a working knowledge of new technology and business analysis standards & practices.
- Collaborating with IT management to define and develop documentation & business analysis artifact standards, guidelines, processes, and templates.
- Performing a variety of complicated tasks. May lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Typically reports to a manager.
- Encouraging agility, leading with best practices and innovation.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Bachelor’s degree (Associate’s Degree for Level 1 is acceptable) in Computer Science, Business or related field plus 4-6 years related experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of assigned software business systems and/or data warehouse applications.
- Experience working on an Agile development team or other role in an Agile organization.
- Advanced knowledge of business analysis processes, techniques, and work products.
- Strong EDI and XML knowledge preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of computer software development, computer terminology, and software applications.
- Basic knowledge of SQL with the ability to derive insights through efficient SQL queries.
- Basic understanding of UX design principles and ability to create and document effective wireframes and/or prototypes for Web or Desktop applications including principles of style.
- Advanced analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Advanced interpersonal and communication skills to effectively collaborate and convey information to business owners, software engineers, testers and management.
- Intermediate customer service skills to provide end user/business owner systems support on high level issues.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.