NES Associates is seeking a highly motivated Business Systems Analyst to support the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) Systems Engineering Office to establish and implement standardized program management policies and procedures and provide program oversight for emerging systems. The selected candidate will be responsible for providing technical guidance concerning the business implications of the application of various systems.
- Providing ongoing systems engineering expertise.
- Providing Systems Engineers/Program Managers (PM) updates on System Integrator (SI) implementation progress, technical review entrance/exit criteria, configuration management assessment criteria and general systems engineering matters as it supports the PM's decision-making process.
- Assisting in the requirements definition process to elicit inputs from relevant stakeholders and translate the inputs into technical requirements.
- Creating/maintaining program System Engineering Plans (SEP) and other related documentation.
- Assisting in the planning of technical processes to develop, field, and sustain the system in compliance with the DOD 5000 Series guidance and other DOD regulations, and industry best practice.
- Supporting process development/improvements and related documentation for processes.
- Recommending, implementing, and monitoring systems engineering processes, procedures, methods and tools to ensure that decision analysis has identified, represented, and formally assessed the alternative options to select an optimum decision.
- Performing periodic program/project technical assessments evaluating program status, technical progress, work product quality, and schedule and cost management.
- Supporting Engineering Technical Review (e.g. System Requirements Review (SRR), Preliminary Design Review (PDR) and, Critical Design Review (CDR) Entrance and Exit criteria.
- Establishing and controlling product attributes and the technical baseline across the total system lifecycle.
- Identifying, documenting, auditing, and controlling the functional and physical characteristics of the system design; track any changes; provide an audit trail of program design decisions and design modifications.
- Providing oversight review and support of Configuration Control Steering Group (CCSG) and Configuration Control Working Group (CCWG) activities and processes.
- Assisting the Government in ensuring that systems engineering discipline is applied to the policies, procedures and information technology to plan for, acquire, access, manage, protect, and use data of a technical nature to support the total lifecycle of the system.
- Reviewing the definition, loading and approval of requirements by the Functional community and Program Office.
- Monitoring the System Integrator progress in implementing and ultimately validating the program requirements through the Testing phase.
- Documenting all requirements changes and the rationale for those changes (via the configuration management process).
- Accounting for the traceability of system requirements throughout the software development lifecycle and confirm at each technical review.
- Supporting the definition and refinement of system, subsystem, and lower-level functional and performance requirements and interfaces to facilitate the Architecture Design process.
- Supporting the development of measurable and verifiable requirements.
- Assisting the customer in ensuring that systems engineering discipline is applied to the translation of the Stakeholder Requirements Definition and Requirements Analysis processes into alternative design solutions and the selection of a final solution.
- Assisting the customer in ensuring that adequate testing and configuration control occurs during the implementation process (e.g. software coding).
- Supporting the overarching risk process that includes identification, analysis, mitigation planning, mitigation plan implementation, and tracking.
- Providing interface definition and compliance support among the elements that compose the system, as well as with other systems with which the system or system elements interoperate.
- Providing support to document all internal and external interface requirements in accordance with the Configuration Management (CM) Plan and communicate these to all affected configuration items.
- Assisting the customer in ensuring that individually developed components (e.g. RICE objects) are correctly tested, documented, and integrated into releases.
- Providing support to confirm that adequate verification processes exist to ensure that the system element meets the design to or build-to specifications as defined in the functional, allocated, and product baselines.
- Assisting the customer in ensuring that the following verification activities occur throughout the lifecycle, and are phase appropriate: verification planning, verification execution, and verification reporting.
- Investigating and documenting that validation processes exist to confirm that the correct solution was selected to solve the stated problem.
The selected candidate must have four years of relevant experience, including experience with DoD Lifecycle Management, DoD 5000.1, 5000.2 and the Defense Acquisition Guidebook.
Must be proficient using:
- MS Suite
- Word, Excel
- Project Management
- Power Point
- Project Management certification (i.e. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other equivalent/recognized Project Management certification) or any nationally recognized certification/training in some aspect of system engineering relating to DoD 5000.1, DoD5000.2, and the Defense Acquisition Guide