Why work at Moneris?
As a leader in the payments Industry, Moneris is a hub of innovative thinkers looking to create safer, faster and smarter payment solutions for our customers.
We are looking for candidates who welcome new challenges, thrive in a fast-paced environment, and want to continuously learn and grow within their careers. Moneris offers a competitive Total Rewards program, and was named one of the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces™ in North America in 2015.
Purpose of the role
The Business System Analyst is responsible for the creation of technical solutions to meet business requirements.
The BSA will work to coordinate various technical and business groups in the development of a technical solution, the effort and duration that will be required to deliver the solution and ensure the appropriate level of testing is planned for and executed before the solution is implemented in production.
The BSA, along with other technical groups, should have a focus on ensuring quality in all phases of a technical project.
For optimum success in this role, it will be essential for you to be customer focused, action-oriented, highly collaborative, communicate effectively and instill trust with all stakeholders.
You will be accountable for
- Analyze and validate Business requirements and develop functional specifications and system design specifications
- Work with external and internal clients (both business and technology staff) to accurately gather and interpret requirements/specifications and translate them into appropriate ETL/Database design solutions
- Participate in and contribute to cross-functional discussions as a SME (subject matter expert) for the purpose of on-going systems development, training requirements and problem resolution.
- Collaboratively work with other technical teams and with business units to develop and determine appropriate technical data solutions for transmission and integration requirements
- Develop test scenarios, test cases and present test results with supporting data
- Liaise with the project team and development groups to resolve defects; escalate issues to management when necessary
- Provide management with weekly status report of work packages completed and future planned activities
Your experience includes
- Bachelor’s degreerequired in computer science and/or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience in business analysis and information systems
- Experience working in an SQL environment
- Knowledge of business process modelling and data modelling
- Knowledge of MS Office including MS Project and Visio required.
- Understanding of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle)
- Experience with application testing (including but not limited to .Net/Java platforms)
- Excellent organization and time-management skills and able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to manage and effect change in a diverse work environment
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and manage priorities/tasks while coordinating deliverables with other team members
As one of North America's largest providers of payment processing solutions, Moneris offers credit, debit, wireless and online payment services for merchants in virtually every industry segment and processes more than three billion transactions, annually.
Moneris also provides electronic loyalty and stored-value gift cards, mobile and online solutions, and integrated POS software. With more than 350,000 merchant locations, Moneris provides the hardware, software and systems needed for our customers to “Be Payment Ready”.