Business Systems Analyst
If you’re interested in a career within a customer-focused, team-oriented environment that rewards innovation, quality, integrity and collaboration, MedImpact Healthcare Systems, Inc. welcomes your application. MedImpact, is a privately-held pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) headquartered in San Diego, California. Our solutions and services positively influence healthcare outcomes and expenditures, improving the position of our clients in the market. MedImpact offers high-value solutions to payers, providers and consumers of healthcare in the U.S. and foreign markets.
The IT Business Systems Analyst is a liaison between internal Business teams and the Information Technology department. The position is responsible for reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating business systems and user needs. Converts Business Requirements into Function Requirements in the form of FRDs to parallel overall business strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Interview end-users/customers to define business process and business requirements for building of new complex software, and modification and enhancements of existing software.
- Translate Business Requirement Documentation into Functional Requirement Documents to assist in the development and testing of software applications. Documentation includes use-cases, flow charts, report mock-ups, UI mock-ups and business rules etc.
- Facilitates requirement understanding and design sessions between business and technical resources to ensure that the solutions meet the needs of the business.
- Performs requirements validation to ensure developed software solutions meet business needs to end user satisfaction.
- Ensure that clear and precise FRD documentation is completed and delivered time.
- Provide support to software development and QA teams as needed through the SDLC.
- Ensure accurate understanding of business and functional requirements by the Quality Assurance teams to prepare for individual component and end to end testing.
- Provide technical consultation services to customers relating to the company's business processes, system requirements, and other technical issues.
- Demonstrate ability to appear for work on time, accurate, precise and prompt in communication, follow directions from a supervisor, interact well with coworkers, understand and follow department rules and procedures, comply with corporate policies, goals and objectives and accept and provide constructive criticism in the form of peer-to-peer and annual reviews.
- Otherresponsibilities as assigned based on business needs.
- Participates in development of project plans, prioritization of project tasks, and preparation of documentation for regular status updates to management and stakeholders.
Education and/or Experience
For consideration, candidates will need a Bachelor's degree from an accredited four (4)year college or university or equivalent combination of education and job related experience along with eight (8) to twelve (12) plus years’ related job related experience (PBM or healthcare industry experiencepreferred).
- Visio, Secure CRT
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Intermediate knowledge of database querying on Oracle using SQL Developer or TOAD
- UI mockup using Visio or Axure
- Familiar with relational databases and client server concepts
Other Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Prior work experience in Agile/Scrum environment preferred
- Solid business and technical understanding of application architecture
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Business requirements gathering and elicitation techniques
- Use Case Modeling & Solutions requirements
- Activity, Swim Lane & Process Diagrams
- Change and conflict management skills
- Leading and facilitating meetings
- Good interpersonal and communications skills (written/verbal)
- Interviewing skills to understand customer needs