The Lead Business Analyst position functions as a liaison between business units throughout ETS and the IT department, participates in business process modeling and research efforts and completes business cases in support of IT projects. The incumbent works with the Strategic Business Unit (SBU) proposal team to develop the scope of work necessary to support the requirements of the proposal, identifies delivery solutions and works to develop cost reviews and prepare a technical response to the client that demonstrates ETS’s capabilities and proposed solutions. Additionally, the Business Analyst acts as a consultant and source of knowledge in a specialized field.
- Leads and elicits product requirements and articulate as features
- Drives requirements analysis and prioritization
- Collaborates closely and facilitates communications with IT and other FCEs to translate product requirements into development demands
- Assists and directs development activities, clarifies business requirements and supports test case development
- Manages backlogs actively
- Leads and assists in creation of features / user stories documentation and conducts general coordination of building out the product
- Leads and coordinates dependencies across FCEs and tracks / reports progress
- Defines and document business process requirements through written external/internal specifications.
- Ensures delivery of solution in on schedule and fully functional.
- Adheres to ethical; standards and complies with the laws and regulations applicable to the job function
Experience and Skills
Education, Certifications, or Special Licenses:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
Relevant Years of Experience:
- Minimum 6-8 years of progressively responsible experience in IT Project Management, business analysis and/or software development
- Sound judgement, relationship management and excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong planning, organizational and prioritizing skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Excellent verbal, written and negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal skills to function in a team environment
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Excellent customer focus
- Excellent relationship and expectation management skills
- Familiarity with Software Development Lifecycle methods approaches and techniques
- ERP-Financial system knowledge and experience
- Modeling tools (Power Designer) is a plus
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Women and Minorities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
EDUCATIONAL TESTING SERVICE is a Drug-free workplace.