We are looking for Business Systems Analyst for our client in Irvine, CA
Job Title: Business Systems Analyst
Job Location: Irvine, CA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) is responsible for working with stakeholders to produce, analyze, specify and validate business and solution requirements to meet business needs.
- Must be able to bring together a diverse stakeholder group, drive consensus and create a shared understanding between the customer community and the IT solution delivery teams while maintaining alignment with Business and IT Strategies.
- The BSA is able to independently transition to unfamiliar business and systems domains. The BSA will report into the IT Global Shared Services team supporting enterprise systems.
Responsibilities of an IT Business Systems Analyst are:
- Understand Business opportunities and problem & collect business requirements
- Perform current-state, future state and gap analysis for Business Processes.
- Create system-level process flows and sequence diagrams
- Capture and document technical functional and non-functional requirements
- Define acceptance criteria, create use cases and perform acceptance testing
- Perform data flow and mapping between business concepts and technical constructs
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing business systems analysis services (identify, analyze, define, troubleshoot, design, test, deliver, maintain).
- Identify, refine, and accurately articulate the business objectives and value proposition of assigned initiatives. Bring alternative perspectives and influence consensus among stakeholders.
- Leads efforts to reengineer and optimize business processes and systems by assessing business needs and developing, proposing and implementing technology solution options
- Lead, identify, design and implement enabling information systems with a strong bias for configuration of commercially available off the shelf systems.
- Empower users and super-users (by training and performing knowledge transfer) to leverage IT systems for business process automation and optimization.
- Lead and/or manage small to medium sized projects / enhancements.
- Ensure the solution (people, process and technology) meets the program and/or project objectives and is aligned with business and IT strategic direction. Participate in the development of a compelling business case that measure and communicate proposed project benefits.
- Collaborate with project leads to determine how requirements will be approached and managed for a particular project.
- Work with project leads to develop requirements work plans, identify task dependencies, develop estimates and determine resource skill requirements; supportrisk management and change management activities.
- Responsible for the success of the Requirements Definition Process for assigned work with limited supervision; Produce, analyze, specify and communicate business, system and implementation requirements
- Ensure the requirements are unambiguous and understandable by both business users and solution delivery teams.
- Work with stakeholders to prioritize requirements effectively based on business value, risks and constraints.
- Effectively identifies and manages requirements conflicts and issues to resolution
- Ensure that requirements are understood and approved by all stakeholders.
- Measures and tracks quality of business systems analysis work.
- Ensure the test strategy and test plans adequately cover the requirements. Assist in defect resolution.
- Simultaneously support multiple initiatives as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Int'l travel up to 10% as related to assignment
Education, Work Experience and Knowledge:
- Required - Bachelordegree in Computer Science, Business, MIS or other related field
- Typically has a minimum of 5 years of experience in a business systems analysis or equivalent role.
- 4-6 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed and global business environment in a business systems analysis or equivalent role.
- 7+ years of experience developing and supporting business technology systems
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise information systems such as ERP (JDE a plus).
- Experience with identifying, integrating, and managing SaaS solutions and external vendors
- Proficient with SQL and data quality and profiling methods and tools
- SQL 2008 query and report building using Microsoft SQL Server, and Oracle SQL Developer experiencepreferred
- Prior experience working in the Medical / Pharmaceutical industry is a plus.
- Experience with Good Manufacturing/Good Documentation Practices (GxP) processes is preferred.
- Prefer experience with FDA guidelines for Software Quality and Systems Validation is a plus.
- Green Belt certification is a plus.