Selected candidate will report to our Herndon, VA location to support our on-going GSA program. The candidate will be expected to work as an interface between the development team and the customer along with the Project Manager, Technical Project Manager and Technical Lead in an Agile environment.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment as a Product Owner/Business Analyst
- Conduct calls with customer, maintain and priotize product backlog, write user stories, conduct release and sprint planning sessions
- Develop and maintian user stories in a clear and concise manner
- Use methods, techniques, and procedures necessary to obtain and evaluate user requirements, to design, develop, and implement computer application systems in response to customer's business needs
- Experience with wire framing/mockup tools to create Use case diagrams, Functional flow diagrams, screen mockups, etc. to illustrate requirements
- Manage and prioritize Product Backlog based on the customer and business priorities
- Meet regularly with end-users (external clients) to discuss and analyze problem reports and enhancement requests.
- Edit and review documentation produced by team members, enforcing best practices.
- Effeciently host internal team meetings and meetings with the customer
- Manage risk effectively and escalate issues and risks appropriately
- Provide application production support and troubleshoot production issues
- Experience in supporting and developing workflow based systems
- Document meeting minutes, internal and external status reports and other artifacts for the project
- Experience in writing basic SQL queries to troubleshoot issues
- Experience with tools such as Team Foundation Server (TFS) and JIRA is preferred for issue tracking, lifecycle management, generating reports, etc.
BS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline and 5 to 8 years of experience, or
MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline and 3 to 5 years of experience
- Prior experience in Agile development methodology is essential
- Experienced in conducting calls with customer, maintaining and prioritizing product backlog, writing user stories, conducting release and sprint planning sessions with technical team etc.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team member
- Fast learner, Ability to multi-task, problem-solver, goal-oriented, willing to learn, with very good writing skills
- Positive attitude toward work and other people, team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to see tasks through to completion wihtout significant guidance
- Candidate must successfully pass a MBI government background investigation. (Previous background investigation (NAC) or clearance is a plus)