Business Systems Analyst III - Finance
As a mission-driven health plan serving all 62 counties of New York State, Fidelis Care provides quality, affordable health insurance coverage for children and adults of all ages and at all stages of life. Central to our mission is our commitment to be a health care partner, working closely with our members and providers to ensure that everyone receives the care they need, when they need it. From the beginning, Fidelis Care has worked to be part of the social fabric of local communities, impacting people’s lives with one of the most basic human rights – access to quality health care and services, close to home.
The Business System Analyst III acts as the primary liaison between IT and the operational departments within the organization. This position functions in a trusted advisor role. It provides subject matter expertise to the clients in which it serves through analysis and the development of business and functional requirements for initiatives of all sizes. The Business Systems Analyst III serves in a relationship management role to increase customer service, and participates on project teams to assist in timely delivery of IT project initiatives. This role also serves as a mentor to team members.
This position will primarily support the Finance, Invoicing and Account Receivable functional areas of the organization.
- Serves as technical and subject matter expert for initiatives involving invoicing and cash receipt processing.
- Leads and guides workgroups through the evaluation of current state processes. Performs analysis to define opportunities to create improved future state workflows/solutions (end-to-end process flow development)
- Assists management and end users in evaluating vendor software applications.
- Leads and facilitates requirements and design sessions. Documents business and functional specifications used for software design and development including software traceability matrices and use case diagrams.
- Conducts requirements reviews to obtain sign-off from project/operational stakeholders.
- Sets projects timelines with identified deliverables. Creates task lists/project plans for smaller initiatives. On larger project initiatives completes assignments as defined by the Project Team.
- Reports project status updates to stakeholders
- Identifies issues and facilitates problem resolution for manual, batch and online environments. Ability to interrogate error codes
- Uses metrics and data to lead process improvement initiatives
- Analyzes and queries data; has knowledge of the Facets data models
- Data mapping, including the creation of file specifications; source to target mapping
- Testing, including the creation of test scenarios, test data and understanding of outcomes
- Mentors customers and peers
- Communicates internally and externally with all levels of employees including senior management
- Interacts with all areas of Information Technology as well as software vendors
- End-to-end ownership of assigned initiatives – requirements through implementation
- Keeps current with industry trends and state/federal compliance initiatives
- Participates in user groups
- BA/BS - Bachelors Degree or equivalent required. Degree in Computer Science or Computer Programming a plus
- Minimum 5-8years previous experience as a Business Systems Analyst
- Health Care Industry experience
- Previous experience and business knowledge with health care invoicing systems, which includes the generation of customer premium invoices, payment receipt processing methodologies (EFT, credit card), reconciliations, refunds, write-offs, and delinquency, accounts payable, cash management, EDI 820 transactions
- Billing entities include individual consumers, NY State, the Federal government, and other ancillary parties
- Knowledge of customer, product and pricing concepts required
- Knowledge of health care product offerings including NY State of Health exchange plans, Medicaid, Medicare, Dual, Child Health Plus and Managed Long Term Care programs
- Previous experience with TriZetto Facets applications preferred. Experience with customer invoicing systems from other industries will be considered
- Proficiency with SQL (querying, analyzing and mapping data)
- Demonstrated ability to ..
- Lead and elicit business needs and requirements from a diverse set of stakeholders
- Document and communicate requirements to the stakeholders, developers and testers.
- Construct or modify use case diagrams and process models.
- Create and execute test scenarios
- Experienced in full software development life cycle
- Excellent PC skills utilizing Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, and Access)
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organization and follow through skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness
- Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
Physical demands: Ability to continuously stand or walk. Frequent and repetitive hand movements, including grasping, squeezing, and pulling. Ability to bend, squat, climb stairs and lift frequently. Ability to lift up to 10 pounds occasionally.