The Business Analyst role will develop and generate list reports to support Marketing/Servicing campaigns for Card, Auto and Mortgage. The analyst will be using the following: SQL, Excel, SAS, MS Office or equivalent reporting tools to assist the business in meeting operational objectives. This role will be working with program/channel managers to gather business requirements and will create program specifications that will capture the overall flow and details of the campaign. The analyst will follow standard procedures set by the line of business to ensure audit/reports are compliant with process adherence. Roles & Responsibilities –
- Responsible for the development and execution of code to define customer populations to be targeted in complex marketing campaigns.
- Develop code based on technical specifications to extract and process large volumes of customer and account data.
- Key stakeholder in List targeting requirements definition. Guides the Marketer, Business Analyst and other less technical campaign resources on ways to design complex audience selection.
- Provides ideas for process global process improvements to increase department efficiency.
- Can step in and represent the List Management area in technical meetings with IT and other areas.
- Mentors new and more junior List Management resources. Provides feedback to management on performance of these resources.
- Adhere to the department’s code development and documentation procedures. Provides recommendations and feedback on how to improve or implement strong control procedures.
- Provide programming support of ad-hoc requests and special projects as assigned.
- Communicate with business contacts as necessary to help explain results.
- Establish strong business partnerships with other members of project teams.
- SAS Certified with experience using Base SAS and SQL preferably in the Unix environment along working knowledge of Teradata/Oracle database along with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience in manipulating large amounts of data preferably via standard SAS procedures such as Proc Freq, Proc Format, Proc Sort, Proc SQL, and Proc Summary as well as traditional SAS data step programming.
- A background in marketing operations, direct marketing or data analysis is preferred.
- Experience using customer targeting marketing software (such as Teradata Customer Interaction Manager) is a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills. Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively with strong analytical and problem solving skills demonstrated by previous work experiences.
- Excellent verbal communication and correspondence skills
- Result oriented with proactive approach to resolving problems
- Ability to multi-task in fast paced environment
- Ability to listen/observe/acknowledge/lead by example and provide recommendations
- Ability to articulate the causes of issues and comfortable to escalate concerns when necessary.
- Ability to mentor others and act a leader amongst peers.
Planning and Organizing
- Good time management and ability to prioritize
- Plan and organize with clarity and attention to detail; quality oriented
- Proactively raises concerns when timelines are in jeopardy of not being met
- Adaptability to changing information systems environment
- Bachelors degree with 5 years of the below technical experience or Masters degree with 1-3 years of experience. Degree concentration in relevant fields (Computer Science, Technology Management, Statistics or Math) required.
Req #: 170110412