At Google, we work at lightning speed. So when things get in the way of progress, the Business Systems Integration team steps in to remove those roadblocks. The team identifies time-consuming internal processes and then builds solutions that are reliable and scalable enough to work within the size and scope of the company. You listen to and translate Googler needs into high-level technical specifications, design and develop recommended systems and consult with Google executives to ensure smooth implementation. Whether battling large system processes or leveraging our homegrown suite of Google products for Googlers themselves, you help Googlers work faster and more efficiently.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We're always on call to keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Partner with internal business teams to define business processes and associated system requirements.
- Participate in systems implementation projects (i.e. requirements documentation, systems configuration, test documentation and execution, issue identification and resolution).
- Plan, prioritize, and deliver systems enhancements.
- Support and upgrade implemented systems.
- Experience working on a variety of enterprise applications and problems.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years experience integrating 3rd party business applications.
- Experience in system development in one or more of the following: Legal, Payroll/Time & Attendance (UltiPro & Kronos), Finance (Procure to Pay, Order to Cash, Accounting), Treasury, Human Resources, M&A (Workday), Master Data Services and/or PLM/CAD (Windchill).
- MS in Computer Science or related field.
- 10 years of relevant work experience
- Strong hands-on skills using SQL and relational database management systems (Oracle, MySQL, Sybase, SQL Server).
- Successful track record in working with cross-functional engineering teams.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, strong analytical skills, and ability to deal with ambiguity in a rapidly changing business environment.