Bachelor's degree in a computer science, information technology, engineering, or scientific field or the equivalent is required plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense security clearance is not required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
Responsibilities for this Position
General Dynamics Mission Systems IT organization has an immediate opening for an exerienced Business Systems Analyst to join our growing IT team. This position provides an opportunity to further advance the cutting-edge technology that supports some of our nation's core defense/intelligence services and systems. General Dynamics Mission Systems employees work closely with esteemed customers to develop solutions that allow them to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
The Business Systems Analysis Engineer role is a blend of traditional Business Analyst and Systems Analyst disciplines. They use their technical expertise to consult and collaborate with business leaders, IT staff, and other third parties to develop, deliver, and optimize business capabilities & information technology systems. They often act as integrated team leads and facilitate small projects or initiatives.
- Solicits and captures desired business outcomes, future strategies, demands, actions, and plans
- Understands organizations, information, systems, policies, processes, metrics, opportunities, challenges, risks, and constraints
- Investigates and evaluates alternatives for, and assess feasibility of, improvements in information, technology, process, and/or organizational systems
- Develops recommendations and business case rationales for investment in new or enhanced solutions
- Investigates, identifies, analyzes, and captures business systems, process, information, and other forms of detailed specifications & requirements
- Supports the development and delivery of solutions leveraging knowledge of: business end-users, stakeholders, goals, requirements, current and desired future states
- Translates business requirements to technical specifications and interface with other technical staff to design, develop, and maintain solution
- May occasionally evaluate code, scripts, interfaces, and configurations, even modifying such to some extent
- Plans and executes unit, integration and acceptance testing
- Partners with business end-user community and IT staff to refine, tune, train, promote adoption and optimize environment
- Performs other duties as directed
- Leads, plans, and executes small initiatives
- Moderate business travelrequired
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Evidence of ability to act with little daily instruction on tasks of diverse scope using a seasoned professional understanding of the IT Business Systems Operations, cross functional Business Analysis and IT applications development.
- Exhibits solid knowledge on how IT solutions are constructed
- Prior work experience as a Business Analyst or Systems Analyst capturing, analyzing, and translating business requirements, specifications, processes, and business cases strongly desired
- Strong track record showing ability to develop relationships and formal and informal networks to influence, coordinate, communicate, and organize groups/teams
- Strong track record showing solid understanding of specific business area/ business process, for example: Sales; Manufacturing; Legal, Human Resources; Finance, etc.
- Broad experience of systems and/or business analysis frameworks, methodologies, and tools Has ability to analyze situations, alternatives, proposals, designs, architectures, risks, data, systems, and constructs
- Advanced experience creating user stories, use cases, acceptance criteria, and test plans/cases History of providing work direction and leadership to others
- Advanced understanding of solutions development methodologies (e.g. DevOps, Agile, Software Development Lifecycle, etc.)
- Exposure to Information Technology (IT) development, operations, or equivalent
- Strong Experience as a developer, systems integrator, systems engineer, solutions architect, or similar,
- Knowledge of development languages, platforms, and tools
- Advanced knowledge of SQL queries for data transfer or business reporting preferred
- A track record of high level personal performance
- Shows significant contribution within diverse teams across multiple projects or small initiatives to successfully achieve deliverables
- Solid presentation skills
- Solid oral & written communication skills
- Concise reporting to management / peers
- Proven experience developing solutions to a variety of challenging problems of broader scope and complexity, using established procedures
- A history that illustrates flexibility and adaptability to changing business needs and shows exposure to overcoming fundamental change obstacles
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience researching, organizing, analyzing and synthesizing data to support effective decision making.
- Self-motivated with a strong capacity for finding creative solutions. Works well with peers to collaboratively find solutions.
- Involvement in the development, testing, and implementation of software tools and platforms including the use of Agile methodologies.
- A solid familiarity with common software tools like: MS Visio, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Project