The BSA - Finance will be a key member of our expanding Information Systems Team, which is accountable for all system analyst activities for the KIK Consumer Brands (KCB) Division. This division is lead from the Vaughan offices and has locations throughout the world.
Description: The BSA - Finance is part of the KCB Division Information Systems team. The incumbent engages directly with business users, process owners and management alongside IT/IS team interfaces. This role is responsible for managing business process changes, specifications, configuration, testing, training and for providing business consultancy and system support in the areas of General Ledger, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Product costing, cost center accounting, profit center accounting and Profitability Analysis focusing on Oracle’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
This role is based in Vaughan, ON and will have global responsibilities for locations outside of Canada including US, Mexico and Europe with travel requirements of approximately 10%.
Business and Technical Skills
- BSA’s provide consulting support within their functional area of expertise while actively seeking ways to apply system technology to business processes. This includes research and identification of enabling functionality based on customer requirements. Incumbents in this position are challenged to develop and maintain credibility and effective working relations with leadership, business users, process owners and fellow team members in a way that demonstrates an understanding of IT/IS strategies, issues and priorities, as well as business problems.
- Facilitate development of solutions that combine knowledge of particular business processes and issues, technological options, and process facilitation techniques.
- Advise on options, risks, resource requirements, and impact on other business processes and system priorities. Interpersonal
- Forge relationships with the business. Communicate well and clearly, taking the time to understand user feedback and incorporate into recommendations and requirements
- Demonstrate leadership, flexibility and the ability to lead Power Users and effectively interface with various Finance managers. Consistently achieving consensus is a key attribute of the successful BSA – Finance
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Management, Computer Science, or other business-related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP environment with significant hands-on business experience working in the accounting/finance field
- 3+ years of experience in a consumer packaged goods manufacturing environment.
- 5+ years of functional analyst experience in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne General Ledger, AP, AR, Fixed Assets, Product costing, cost center accounting, profit center accounting and Profitability Analysis
- 5+ years of experience in the process design, configuration, support and trouble-shooting of functional areas listed above
- Significant experience in data conversions and master data management
- Experience defining, testing and trouble-shooting JDE Enterprise One to internal and external systems
- Experience with integration and system transitions of acquisitions involving non-JDE ERP systems
- Organized and task oriented. Ability to work on multiple initiatives and projects concurrently ensuring that timelines are balanced with resource constraints and resulting deadlines are met
- Previous experience in business process re-engineering or process improvement, involving broad based information systems and utilizing advanced tools and techniques to effect business change
- Proficiency in Spanish and/or experience with the financial requirements and standards of Mexico will be considered an asset
- Solid technical knowledge and ability to express complex technical concepts in terms that are understandable to the business
- Ability to understand the business needs and convert into clear and detailed requirements and specifications
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including technical writing and developing business presentations and power user training materials
- Ability to solve problems spanning multiple environments in a business area
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all management levels and end user levels
- Demonstrated competency in project planning and delivery
- Ability to thrive in a somewhat unstructured hands on environment that demands a consultative approach and solutions that span multiple inputs and competing requirements