- Plans, performs and implements process improvement initiatives (such as Lean or Six Sigma).
- Diagrams and evaluates existing processes to identify areas of opportunity and efficiency.
- Organizes, leads and facilitates cross-functional project teams.
- Develops metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Collects data to identify root cause of problems.
- Measures performance against process requirements and aligns improvement to performance shortfalls.
- Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality.
- May deliver presentations and training courses including measurement, analysis, improvement and control.
- Surveys and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes.
- As a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization, he/she resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.