Provides business systems analysis and support to a wide-variety of Campus Services systems. Participates on systems implementation teams from inception to implementation, applying quality assurance standards as appropriate. Serves as liaison between Institutional Information System Support (IISS) and Campus Services end-user community.
Examples of systems include, but are not limited to: facilities management, building automation, access control, parking and dining services.
Skills & Knowledge
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated skill in data, financial and systems analysis.
• Basic report writing and SQL querying skills or the technical aptitude to learn.
• Demonstrated ability to critique the status quo and assess consequences of design/configuration decisions on current and future practices.
• Ability to interact with and gain respect of broad spectrum of facilities and IT staff.
• Highly developed degree of confidentiality, tact, judgment and initiative.
• Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
- Five years of experience in systems/workflow analysis and system upgrades/implementations.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
SEIU LevelNot an SEIU PositionFLSAExemptEmployment CategoryRegular Full TimeDepartment Contact for Cover LetterCampus Services IT ManagerEqual Opportunity Employer
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
• Conducts departmental workflow studies to evaluate current complex business policies and practices, and identify areas for improvement. Prepares and presents study findings and recommendations to departmental management and other interested parties.
• Identifies, analyzes, and documents business requirements to ensure that information systems meet departmental operating needs.
• Researches possible technology and application solutions, and performs detailed fit/gap analysis to compare solutions to business requirements. Makes recommendations for systems and business process changes.
• Drafts design of end-user reports. Develops simple ad-hoc department reports and extracts and coordinates with IISS or vendor support on the development/delivery of complex reports.
Systems Support, Upgrade and Enhancements
• Identifies opportunities to enhance business processes with technology. Initiates and documents software development requests.
• Facilitates Campus Services systems data management, including the development and documentation of data standards and data definitions. Ensures integrity of data. Provides stewardship of application data, interface updates and authorizes access and/or modifications.
• Collaborates with functional end-users and IISS to implement appropriate end-user security.
• Performs functional project management as needed for system upgrades or IISS technical changes (oracle upgrades, authentication, etc.) following project management and department best practices.
• Collaborates with functional users to develop comprehensive test scripts for systems upgrades and enhancements. Uses scripts to test system functionality and integration with other applications. Performs basic system testing and coordinates with functional users to document results of more comprehensive testing and makes design and/or business process modifications as necessary. Provides approval for changes to production system based on testing results.
• Provides functional input in planning for the configuration and set up of applications.
• Assists with troubleshooting functional system issues and coordinates resolution with IISS for technical problems.
• Performs or assists with coordination of Year-End system tasks and configurations.
• Serves as active participant on change management activities. Ensures open and timely, concise and easy to understand communication of system and IT activities. Ensures that appropriate parties are informed of work status, risks, and impacts to end-user community.
• Develops training materials to support functional system use, system changes and associated changes to business processes. Ensures documentation and training clearly and comprehensively address all aspects of system functionality and affected business processes. Provides easy to understand instructions and interactive participation during training sessions.