Business Systems Analyst (Content Production / Broadcast)
The Business Systems Analyst will be responsible for defining, analyzing and documenting, user requirements, procedures, problems and leading joint design efforts to offer a new solution or value proposition to customers, automate processing or to improve existing business processes and associated information systems. The Business Analyst will also be responsible for defining the appropriate methodologies and best practices for performing business analysis and design in the support of core organizational functions and business processes.
The selected candidate must have knowledge of TV content production and broadcast.
- Solicit client requirements through interviews, workshops and/or existing systems documentation or procedures.
- Evaluate business requirements for applications and systems integration and service activation, while delivering new or modified software systems enhancements and/or integration solutions.
- Conduct reviews of and analyzes business and information technology processes and prepares essential groundwork for the development of systems.
- Participate in the definition, testing, training, implementation and support of system requirements.
- Identify customer requirements, develops test schedules, reviews testing plans, tracks and documents the development and results of these plans.
- Alert manager to potential risks and issues of importance.
- Uncover client requirements via industry standard analysis techniques such as Data Flow and Object Modeling, Case Analysis, Workflow Analysis, and Functional Decomposition Analysis
- Ensure requirements are understood, agreed to and signed off at the appropriate early stages in a project.
- Provide analysis of processes and workflows with suggestions for improvement. Identifies areas where technology can lead to increased efficiency and productivity.
- Understand the functions supported by the current systems. Understand and accommodate the requirement constraints imposed by the current systems.
- Provide detailed analysis resulting in clear, concise and unambiguous system requirements. Requirements analysis will undergo multiple iterations and refinements. Document detailed use cases that cover all alternate and exception flows. Supplement use cases with real world scenarios.
- Provide UI mock-ups. Lead design discussions and identifies design options.
- Provide user documentation and training for the system.
- Must be available for on callsupport nights and weekends.
- Interact with others in the business and IT organization.
- Work with providers of software and hardware products as well as consulting vendor service providers
- Prioritize assignments in a high visibility mission critical system
- Establish and oversee the customer's initial adoption, training and development of best practices to build a strong foundation before and during initial roll outs
- Troubleshoot issues quickly and appropriately by identifying immediate remediation, determining root cause, and coordinating long term solution.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and/or equivalent work experience is required.
- A minimum of five years of business analysis experience with previous supervision or project management experience a strong plus.
- Demonstrated track record of defining systems that lead to increased efficiency and productivity through the use of technology.
- Documented experience with SDLC methodology and process related to Business Analysis.
- Have a solid understanding of Content Security/Piracy issues; how widespread they are and how they affect the Broadcast industry and viewers.
- Keen interest in emerging technology, broadcast TV and OTT.
- Knowledge and understanding of the feature and television content production. lifecycle - development through to distribution.
- Excellent analytical, communication (both verbal and written), facilitation/organizational skills.
- Strategic, innovative thinking and vision.
- Strong persuasion skills.
- Strong business acumen.
- Excellent analytical and communication (both verbal and written) skills.
- Solid understanding of technology.
- Comfortable learning, using and explaining new technology.
- Strong organization and time management skills.?
- Experience with BOX required.
- Excellent organizational skills with particular attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to learn new skills and concepts quickly.