Our Platform team is looking for a talented and innovative Business Systems Analyst (BSA)with strong technical knowledge to help craft and deliver well-engineered HCM solutions used by internal stakeholders and Ceridian clients.
The platform team develops the core frameworks and components used as the foundation for building the Dayforce web application, alongside the key features applicable to all clients using the Dayforce application. We are a close-knitted team comprised of Developers, QA Analysts, Product Owners, Business Analysts, and Test Engineers. We collaborate frequently with Architecture, UI/UX, and various functional teams. We are agile and have a huge appetite for continuous improvement. We are proudly on a mission to make Dayforce a global HCM solution.
This role will be located in the GTA.
About the position:
The BSA’s role is critical throughout the software development lifecycle – from gathering requirements through to product launch and customer success. We are looking for fun, intelligent, team-oriented people who want to work in an agile and start-up like dynamic environment and believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility.
- Work closely with Product Management to understand the Product goals, internal and market requirements and translate them into solutions and system designs.
- Intake prioritization of new feature requests and issues with focus on Value Delivery; ensure Product increments are aligned with the Product road map and are published,accounting for visibility and dependencies.
- Work closely with Product manager to continuously refine and order the product backlog to reflect priorities.
- Perform analysis to translate high level business needs into detailed requirements for user stories.
- Support scrum team with clarifications and alternative solutions to meet product and user experience standards.
- Improve system efficiencies by identifying gaps and opportunities and by designing feasible solutions.
- Develop and maintain workflow charts and diagrams, write specifications and guidelines to help development and maintenance of core Dayforce functions.
- Perform User Acceptance Tests to ensure accuracy of details and behavior.
- Be the advocate of Platform-as-a-service by identifying and promoting reusability of UI controls and services.
- Identify and design API/micro service interfaces to build secure and efficient multi-channel data interactions.
- Be the Web Accessibility standards champion to ensure progressive compliance.
- Ensure existing and new features always meet Localization standards to match needs of global markets.
- Collaborate, learn from and influence others to build top-notch customer focused applications.
- Gather inputs and feedback from stakeholders and clients to build top notch solutions and increase adoption.
- Continuously monitor internal and customer issues and plan for immediate and long-term solutions as needed.
- Look for potential technical or design problems, plan fixes and prevent negative effects on existing systems.
- Create and deliver presentations to various internal/external users with varying levels of product knowledge.
- Exhibit innovation in the development of new and improved methods or approaches to problems
- Lead special projects and cross team collaboration efforts as needed
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Server Technology (e.g.; Windows / SQL Server), relational database systems.
- Must have experience defining APIs and web services interfaces for multi-channel integrations.
- User Interface design experience – User experience standards and Prototyping tools.
- Proven experience defining and implementing Web Accessibility standards to meet and maintain compliance.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of experience as a Business Analyst with strong technical knowledge.
- Highly organized, disciplined self-starter, capable of working independently and in development teams as needed.
- Excellent consulting, collaboration and communication skills.
- Experience working with internal,external customers,partners to gather requirements and to present solutions.
- Ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with passion for Value delivery over volume.
- Experience working in an agile development environment – Scrum and Kanban frameworks as appropriate.
- BS in Computer Science; Engineering, Mathematics; or relevant business domain or industry-related experience.
- Must be able to analyze complex logic and algorithms to identify problems and propose changes for improvement.
- Knowledge of different software architecture patterns; product management methodologies, tools &techniques.
Good to have:
- Prior experience in SaaS, Managed Services, or Hosting services
- Human Capital Management domain experience (Workforce Management, HR, Payroll, Taxes, Benefits, Talent, Retail Operations)
- Familiarity with test automation tooling, including Selenium, Cucumber, FitNesse, etc
- Experience working in Application Support, Implementation, Product Management, or Development