Job DescriptionGeneral Description
CACI's Agile Solution Factory (ASF) is hiring a Business Systems Analyst for product teams based in Ashburn, VA or Colorado Springs, CO! Join this passionate team of industry-leading individuals supporting the Best Practices in Agile Software Development for the Department of Defense.
ASF programs thrive in a culture of innovation and are constantly seeking individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural at the team and portfolio levels. The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse and geographically separated team is crucial.
CACI is looking for an experienced Business Systems Analyst who will meet regularly with customer stakeholders to identify and agree upon business needs for assigned projects; clearly communicate those business needs to Scrum Development Team; and work collaboratively with customer stakeholders and Development Team to decompose high-level business needs into user stories (functional requirements) - all of which help facilitate the delivery of deployable software in short Sprints. The individual must be able to work independently with little supervision and have the ability to solve complex problems.Responsibilities:
- Be an experienced Business/Systems Analyst who has worked in an Agile/Scrum environment, which developed custom software and database applications.
- Possess both an understanding of real-world mission/business objectives and a working grasp of software development practices and technologies.
- Serve as the focal point for the capture, analysis, and management of functional and non-functional systems requirements, and user stories.
- Show a demonstrated skill in effective decomposition of mission/business objectives into requirements contained within a product backlog which can then be implemented in a series of short and iterative development cycles.
- Meet regularly with stakeholders to identify business needs.
- Clearly communicate those business needs to a development team through user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Work closely with the ScrumMaster to establish Release/Sprint backlogs, resolve impediments, and provide direction on scope of work to be accomplished.
- Work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders, as well as the product development team during the development cycle to ensure the customer needs are being met.
- Develop product roadmaps.
- Review and evaluate work done by development team to ensure proper scope has been met.
- Lead the demonstrations to stakeholder and report on the results of each software iteration.
The ability to be adaptable and to work constructively with a technically diverse team is also crucial. A willingness to learn and stay abreast of industry trends is also required. The program emphasizes innovation, and CACI looks for individuals who can bring creative ideas to solve complex problems, both technical and procedural.Required Skills:
- College degree (B.S.) in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Management Systems or a related discipline, or equivalent professional experience.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, with at least a DOD Interim Secret clearance.
- Minimum five (5+) years' experience as a business analyst on iterative software development projects.
- Experience developing business processes, capability needs, business requirements, and business information models.
- Experience translating business requirements into user stories, use cases and technical requirements.
- Experience with functional decomposition of large business needs into multiple layers of requirements/user stories.
- Experience conducting interviews with stakeholders to gather pertinent information.
- Experience analyzing data and data relationships across an organization's business areas.
- Working knowledge of all elements of the software development life cycle, including planning, development, requirements management, CM, quality assurance, and release management.
- Experience in estimating techniques.
- Familiarity with Agile Scrum methodologies.
- Strong skills with MS Office tools (Excel, Word, Project, Visio) and SharePoint
- Prior experience working with RCAS applications
- Software development background
- Certified Business Analysis Professional
- Certified Product Owner
- Knowledge and experience with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK)
- Experience with managing projects using VersionOne
- Experience with ServiceNow or similar service desk solution
- Acts independently to expose and resolve problems
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.