You will have strong business acumen, data and technology experience in addition to possessing excellent strategy, business partnering and collaboration skills. You take the initiative to identify high impact projects and work cross functionally to execute and realize Asana’s business strategy. In this role you are overseeing a mission-critical part of the company, responsible for scaling our payment processing, billing and reporting infrastructure partnering across the company.
What you’ll achieve
- Design, architect and continuously enhance our subscription billing platform (Zuora) and payments systems for Asana
- Establish trust and strong relationships with senior leaders, Ops, and other organizational units as it pertains to the finance business processes and systems.
- Partner with the Finance and Accounting departments to drive business value with automations and streamlining processes
- Establish strong collaboration with colleagues on the Salesforce, Product, Revenue and Accounting teams to ensure end-to-end success of the Quote to Cash and Revenue Recognition processes
- Act as an owner and ultimate escalation point for the systems you build and maintain
- Identify, evaluate and recommend key technologies required to support and improve the business process centered on the billing platform and systems
- Ensure the highest level of data accuracy and compliance in financial systems
- Create accurate and clear technical documentation; develop support processes and procedures; and support hand-off to peers/organizational units
- You have 5+ years of experience in designing and configuring Subscription billing and payments systems like Zuora (other similar Order Management Systems like Recurly etc.), Stripe, Adyen etc.in a SaaS environment
- Deep understanding in Financial Supply Chain Management processes such as Credit Management, Dunning, Payment Reconciliation
- Working knowledge on Revenue Recognition and aligned processes and systems such as RevPro, RAR, Netsuite Revenue Recognition
- You have a good understanding and experience with Financial ERP systems like NetSuite or Oracle and their integrations with billing and payment platforms.
- You understand the integration points and data flows from/to Salesforce and Zuora (or similar systems) that impact a Quote to Cash flow
- You are highly collaborative and can operate with cross functional teams like Finance, Accounting, Sales, Product Engineering and others to improve the ordering and billing systems that underlie our rapidly growing business.
- You have effective technical skills to be proficient in SQL and data analysis
- Knowledge of and experience with Quote to Cash and Revenue Recognition business processes
- A positive growth mindset. Self-aware with a strong desire to learn and continuously improve. We’re looking for lifelong learners
- Capable of decomposing a big vision into bite-size milestones and be agile in execution to create faster value
- Effective influencer and communicator across teams and at all levels
- Excellent decision-making and organizational skills with emphasis on detail and follow-up skills
- Preferably a BS/BA degree in Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Proactive and self-motivated approach to work tasks