Altice USA is a cutting-edge communications, media, and tech company. We connect people to what matters most to them; texting with friends, advertising that resonates, or binge watching their favorite show. Our differentiated approach centers around technologies that push the envelope and deliver the ultimate customer experience. We're building a workforce that attracts and retains the best talent, not only to meet the needs of our customers, but that also reflects the diverse communities we serve. We're not the only ones who have seen it; we've recently been recognized by Forbes as one of America's Best Employers as well as by the Human Rights Campaign, DiversityInc Magazine, and Cablefax for our diversity & inclusion program.
The Business Systems Analyst - Business Tools Strategy is the technical analyst for the strategic implementation and evolution of the collaboration, development and business tools utilized by the Altice Enterprise. These tools include but are not limited to:
- Collaboration Tools: Confluence, Sharepoint
- Development Tools: JIRA, Bamboo, Bitbucket, Fisheye, Sonarqube, Artifactory
- Data Tools: EazyBI, Tableau, MicroStrategy
- Business Tools: SpiraPlan, Clarity, ConceptShare
- Home-Grown Tools
Define/Re-Define: The candidate will require strong knowledge and experience utilizing (and developing with) these tools. The candidate will be responsible for continually re-defining the scopes and objectives for these tools in order to enhance their value and streamline business functions. The candidate will possess a deep understanding of business systems, be able to identify opportunities to leverage and integrate these systems, while also being mindful of user needs.
Deploy/Re-Deploy: The candidate will devise and/or modify procedures to solve complex problems taking capacity limitations, operating time, and form of desired results into consideration. This includes analysis of business and user needs, developing requirements/specifications and developing/deploying the solutions.
Analyze: The candidate will be responsible for developing/refining/publishing reports/dashboards and defining relevant metrics that provide stakeholders with insight into project/development progress, SLA compliance, KPIs, tool usage and analytics that show potential opportunities for process improvement.
- Drive stakeholder requirements gathering, formally and informally. Remains mindful of user needs in all stages of tool review and development.
- Continually review processes and workflows to identify gaps and areas where efficiencies can be gained via automation. Devises or modifies procedures (hands-on) to solve complex problems considering capacity limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Provide guidance and expert advice to management or other groups on technical, systems, or process related topics.
- Devises or modifies procedures (hands-on) to solve complex problems considering capacity limitations, operating time and form of desired results.
- Develops enhancements and tests impacted applications in the development environment before migration to production.
- Develops POCs to support necessary enhancements, efficiencies and strategies.
- Conducts and/or coordinates tests to ensure that intelligence is consistent with defined needs.
- Perform audits and analysis on data to ensure quality and identify opportunities for development teams to improve their current processes.
- Develops and maintains training/education documentation for all enhancements deployed. Conducts training for new processes as they are rolled out. Formally hands-off documentation and support needs to business support teams post-training.
- Provide support for existing reports, dashboards, or implemental processes or workflows.
- Maintain library of processes, workflows, guidelines and reference documents.
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or project data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Synthesize business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action.
- Develop home-grown reports, tools, systems, as needed to support niche business needs.
- Responsible for leading projects and other work as assigned.
- Expert knowledge of Jira and Confluence with experience as a system administrator.
- Expert in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in writing SQL queries in Postgres to pull data from database.Experience in system administration of data reporting tools - e.g. EazyBI, Tableau.
- Experience in system administration of financial tools - e.g. Oracle, Clarity.
- Ability to develop business intelligence reporting with R and Python a plus.
- 3-5 years (hands-on) experience in a data-driven, business tools administration role
- 3-5 years servicing end-user needs
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- Possess analytical and problem-solving skills, along with the aptitude to recognize, document, evaluate, present, develop and implement improvements/enhancements/configurations in systems performance and efficiency.
- Keen understanding of data storage with the ability to blend data from multiple sources into one cohesive data set.
- Ability to comprehend business needs and translate them into actionable items.
- Competent to work in all phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Ability to actively participate in meetings with all levels of management with the ability to create and deliver presentations. Strong interpersonal skills a must.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented. Must be able to perform multiple tasks and adjust priorities based on workload.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment both on an individual basis and with a team.
- Possess a basic understanding of project management and DevOps processes and methodologies is required; an understanding of Project Life Cycles (Waterfall, Agile, etc.) is desirable. Competent to work in all phases of systems analysis and considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current business environment.
- Self-motivated to stay up-to-date with technology and applying it on the job.
- Knowledge of build management and/or release management knowledge a plus.
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.