We are helping rethink how we use data at PayPal to fulfill the needs of our customers (both internal and external). We drive creation of delightful, frictionless and complaint payment experiences while maximizing the value of our data. Join the Data Transformation team at PayPal. In this role you will get an opportunity to define, orchestrate, and enable critical data initiatives across multiple business partners all over PayPal delivering value through the power of data and data driven insights.
We work closely with partners, across numerous business domains, including compliance. Given the high-profile nature of Data Transformation, this role offers regular visibility to senior management and the opportunity to materially impact PayPal’s business. It will also give you broad exposure across PayPal, you will develop a deep understanding of the business from end to end.
• Deep dive in to business requirements and get clarity around the use cases.
• Identify gaps with the systems and bring out in appropriate forums
• Interact with various application owners to check for the feasibility of moving data across different environments.
• Define and demonstrate the requirements with development teams an help them to translate the requirements into development tasks.
• Involve in writing test cases and executing them.
• Should have 3-5 years of experience as BSA or Data Analyst
• Ability to write complex queries for analyzing the data or for the purpose of POCs
• Should have hands on experience with Oracle and Teradata
• Should have hands on experience with visualization tools like Tableau/Zoomdata and/or visualization frameworks like D3
• Ability to analyze the data stored in big data systems using spark or hive
• Exposure to legacy ETL systems is a must
• Exposure to data streaming frameworks is a plus
• Experience in Fintech/Financial Services/ecommerce preferred
• Should be good in communication
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.