We are looking for Business System Analyst for our client in Seattle, WA
Job Title: Business System Analyst
Job Location: Seattle, WA
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Supports the ERP financial and payroll/human resource systems.
- These systems include Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) financials and procurement, BI Publisher for financialreporting, PeopleSoft payroll and human resource management. In addition, the client has recently implemented and has begun to phase-in the use of Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Engine (OBIEE).
- In 2013, the BRC implemented a Quest product called STAT as a change management, version control, and automated deployment tool for Oracle EBS and PeopleSoft. The current versions of STAT are: 5.7.2 for Oracle EBS 12.2.5 and 5.8.0 for PeopleSoft 9.2.022.
- Oracle OBIEE is not yet using STAT.
- The current use of STAT for Oracle EBS is inefficient, highly manual and cumbersome; and likely not being used to its full potential.
- The scope of this engagement is focused on an evaluation of the current STAT setup, configuration and general use for Oracle EBS and PeopleSoft to provide recommendations for improvement where necessary.
- In addition, recommendations on implementing and using STAT for OBIEE is desired.
- Client requires a Quest STAT expert with knowledge of its configurations, settings, functions and features for use with Oracle EBS and PeopleSoft to evaluate and recommend STAT process and configuration improvements that significantly reduce or eliminate current inefficiencies.
The scope of work will include:
- Evaluation of STAT current (AS IS) state:
- Meet with client's STAT administrator
- Review and validate STAT versions and configurations for both Oracle EBS and PeopleSoft and related documentation
- Assess current migration processes used to deploy Oracle EBS objects, EBS configurations, data fixes, and patches
- Assess current STAT configurations, migration and workflow processes used with PeopleSoft
- Review and compare the EBS and PeopleSoft STAT versions 5.7.2 and 5.8.0 respectively and recommend STAT upgrade for Oracle EBS if appropriate.
- Meet with the Oracle EBS and PeopleSoft leadership and team to identify problem areas and business use cases.
- Identify business needs for Oracle OBIEE
- Meet with BI/Analytics Manager and team to outline use cases for a change management, migration, and version control too
- STAT Improvement & Best Practice Recommendations
- Identify fits and gaps using the STAT tool, including objects and configurations that may continue to require manual migration or processes
- Recommend STAT set-up and configuration changes to take advantage of STAT features for Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft and OBIEE to meet business use cases and improve efficient use of the tool
- Document best practice approach to streamline and/or automate migration processes (i.e. code, configurations, objects, etc), including the use of archive sets
- Identify and document best practice processes for exception handling related to manual migrations
- Explore the feasibility of implementing VERSION CONTROL or recommend alternate means to achieve the same.
- Provide training to team on best use of STAT tool
- Present recommendations
?Period of Performance
- The expected duration and estimated schedule is: 9/27/2017 to 11/26/2017
- Completion of the tasks outlined in Scope of Work
- Completion of the deliverables as described in Deliverables.
- Document current issues, pain points, and use cases for current STAT As Is state
- Document archive sets creation for various Oracle EBS objects
- Assessment document and recommendations, if any, for PeopleSoft version of STAT.
- Feasibility and recommendation of using STAT for OBIEE.
- Procedure to handle manual migrations
- Conduct sessions with Oracle EBS, PeopleSoft, and the STAT administration team(s) based on findings and recommendations to present recommendations and solutions to reported issues
- Recommend STAT configuration changes and solutions to reported issues, if required for Oracle EBS and PeopleSoft.
- All work described in the Scope of Work section must be completed?