Business System Analyst
Sandata Technologies, Inc. was founded in 1978 and is undergoing rapid recent growth as the leader in web-based information technologies serving home health care providers, social service agencies and managed care organizations. With increasing demand for real time information “on demand,” Sandata is uniquely positioned to serve its customers with its unique suite of integrated products delivered 24×7. In the world of health and human services, our web-based information technology solutions combine improved managerial control over the business of care, combined with improving both the cost and the quality of care delivered.
The Business System Analyst will work collaboratively with the business, product and IT organizations to define business requirements that deliver key features and capabilities supporting the business strategy across a suite of products.
- Translate the strategic and tactical business needs into functional requirements to develop user interfaces and work flows and resolve any conflicts with requirements between business units or between business and technology.
- Maintaining a strong understanding of business processes, strategies, and data needs as well as IT capabilities and capacity, and participate in filtering and prioritizing requests accordingly with assistance from the product owners
- Develop and maintain strong relationships, and keeping clients informed and engaged throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Identify business stakeholders and areas of impact.
- Facilitate meetings of cross-functional team members to elicit user needs and potential impact on existing software
- Develop a thorough understanding of as-is and to-be work processes, user needs and client needs for segments of the business impacted by assigned projects
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing clearly and succinctly complex design and technical documents, as well as business and product requirements. Detailed working knowledge of a System/Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Strong organizational, time-management, analytical and decision-making skills in order to efficiently evaluate, plan and accomplish personal work goals.
- Coordinate with clients and other IT personnel in analyzing system requests, planning projects and developing system specifications for new programming projects or for maintenance to existing programs
- Bachelor’s Degree a must
- 3-5 years of experience developing business requirements documents and functional specifications (Mid-level)
- Strong AgileExperience
- Knowledge of various hybrid SDLC’s a plus
- Strong HealthcareExperience
- Home Health Experience a plus
- Strong Payer Experience
- Understanding of software development lifecycles, development styles and industry best practices.
- Self-directed, adaptable, strong work ethic, ability to multi-task, and confidence handling adjusting priorities and goals in changing circumstances
- Experience working in a team environment
- Strong Communication Skills
- Ability to understand API – JSON and XML formats
- Ability to understand basic SQL Queries
- Ability to have basic understanding of Software development and QA
- Must have a good track record with providing support to Product Managers/Owners and technology group