The individual will have a proven track record of successful engagement in the discovery and elicitation of business objectives, requirements and execution of related documentation, systems analysis and design specifications on software development and IT infrastructure projects.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Perform business needs analysis, interacting with key business partners and subject matter experts to discover, elicit, document and validate business objectives and requirements.
- Understand business process and translate business requirements into functional design including functional specifications, use cases, user stories, system flow diagrams, or other forms of documentation as needed.
- Build consensus among key stakeholders to obtain agreements on business requirements and functional specification design.
- Participate in the design process working with IT staff to shape service oriented architecture and application development.
- Work closely with the Project Managers, IT development teams and quality assurance to foster understanding of the requirements and testing approach, and to ensure a quality, on-time delivery.
- Support user acceptance testing, assuring that the product works as designed.
- Engage with the Business Operations Team and business partners to support the development of business processes and procedures including: value propositions, critical success factors, and process re-engineering.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Five plus years of experience in a Business Systems Analyst, Systems Analyst or Senior Business Analyst role.
- Strong presentation and communications skills. Must have the ability to clearly articulate business requirements, model business systems workflow and define system behavior in written design documents.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills with an attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a collaborative team environment, with both technical and non-technical team members.
- Experience in an Agile or Agile hybrid development environment desirable.
- Technical background with previous software development experience preferred.
- Understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) desirable.