This position works closely with business users in the manufacturing space as primary with manufacturing teams and projects that fall across multiple functional areas, with focus on process automation within a heavy manufacturing environment. Responsible for capturing requirements; including process opportunities, needs for new or enhanced capabilities, training, support, and reporting needs. This role acts as a liaison between the business users and IT team. This position uses knowledge of business applications and manufacturing processes to develop and recommend appropriate configurations, reporting, and process re-engineering based on user needs and business priorities.
Business Analysts are responsible for generating high level and detailed documentation, including user stories and scenarios, functional requirement documents (FRD), business process flows, data flow charts, data mapping, detailed application functional and technical requirements, test scripts, training materials and end user documentation. Working closely with other IT staff and entity stakeholders, this role must understand both the overall business objectives and the day-to-day business processes and then be able to design optimized solutions to meet these needs.
Business Process Management (40%)
- Provide ERP manufacturing expertise including process improvement for automation, data analytics, and ERP implementation and support.
- Partner with business on process improvements and related automation needs with the manufacturing business teams.
- Advise, design, and maintain efficient, best practice processes and reporting.
- Work directly with Engineers and cross-functional teams to develop best practices, and to streamline processes to maximize efficiency.
- Align Mexico facility processes to meet all industry, governmental and legal requirements, while maintaining alignment with best practices and efficient business processes.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, Production, and Accounting business groups and Business Analysts to facilitate cross team collaboration.
Business Analysis (40%)
- Collaborate, analyze and evaluate existing processes and collaborate with business teams and IT resources to streamline and improve system processes.
- Document high level and detailed functional and technical requirements, including user stories and scenarios, process flow charts, current state, future state, gaps, training materials and end user documentation.
- Participates in the definition of project scope and objectives through research and Subject Matter Expert interviews.
- Responsible for application configurations and test script and test execution in ERP modules.
- Work with Project Management, IT team, and end users to ensure key business objectives are being effectively met for area of responsibility.
- Coordinate with Project Stakeholders to facilitate successful business acceptance of best practices, system configuration, and reporting.
System Admin, User Support, and Admin (20%)
- Provide end user support in business processes and ERP modules.
- Provide end user training and assist in training new end users as needed.
- Provide custom and ad-hoc reporting as requested.
- Act as a liaison between the business users and AX Support, working closely with other IT Technical Support staff and entity stakeholders.
- Act as backup and support role to the Supply Chain and Production Business Analysts for ERP end user Tier 2 support, and for projects that impact across functional teams.
- Travel to Mexico and US manufacturing sites will be required.
- Other duties as requested.
Required Education and / or Experience
- BA or BS in Business, Information Technology, or equivalent combination of skills, experience and education.
- Requires 5+ years' experience in manufacturing automation projects.
- Requires 3+ years' experience as end user support for ERP.
- Strong listening and written communication skills along with strong oral and written presentation skills.
- Requires advanced problem solving skills, along with a demonstrated ability to outline and organize complex business processes into simplified steps and common language.
- Track record of driving for results and taking initiative to affect change in business processes.
- Strong history of continuing education and drive to increase skill set.
Experience, knowledge, or ability in these areas a plus
- Experience with manufacturing ERP such as Dynamics AX 2012 or newer application including configurations.
- Experience with Engineering, Maintenance, Supply Chain, or Production systems in a business analyst role.
- Multilingual English/Spanish Speaker desirable.