GENERAL DESCRIPTION / PRIMARY PURPOSE:
Under general supervision, formulates and defines systems scope and objectives. Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefit analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS/DUTIES OF THE POSITION:
- Acquires thorough understanding of business areas supported to determine specific business requirements.
- Conducts studies pertaining to the development of new information systems and solutions to meet current and projected business needs.
- Writes descriptions of user needs, process flow, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify systems.
- Analyzes user requirements, procedures, process, and problems to improve or create moderate to complex systems.
- May develop procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operation time, and form of desired results.
- Assists in preparing proposals and recommendations for management and/or users.
- Prepares functional, system, and program specifications.
- Analyzes processes to support both non-computerized and computerized work-flow, including recommending technologies that can enhance the effectiveness of the process.
- Prepares project-phase plans and implementation schedules, plans and conducts meeting and workshops relative to these project plans, and coordinates project status reporting to management.
- Reviews and defines work plans with minimal management review.
- Applies current technology or researches and acquires new technical knowledge to complete moderate to complex projects and may advise others on current issues, and designs.
- Participates in department and interdepartmental project teams and may work cross functionally to improve processes within the organization.
- Acts as a liaison with users and management.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to perform systems analysis tasks including logic flow charts, decision trees, work process flow analysis, data flow analysis, logical data modeling and statistical analysis including sample statistics, trend analysis and queue analysis.
Computer skill requirements include:
- Knowledge of application server administration, and database components.
- Knowledge of scripting/programming languages.
- Intermediate skills using Email applications.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and PowerPoint), MS Project and Visio to conduct analysis on business and systems information and communicate findings, conclusions and recommendations to business management.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to motivate others to achieve required business results.
- Ability to see problems through to resolution even beyond normal working hours.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- 3-5 years’ experience as a JD Edwards (or other software platform or language) functional analyst providing configuration and application expertise, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Computer Science, Business Administration, MIS, CIS, Mathematics or Engineering from four-year college or university, plus 3 – 5 years of relevant business experience conducting business process analyses; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
Tracking Code 812