he Business Systems Analyst (BSA) plays a key role in the CVR IT organization. The BSA has a diverse background and has strong functional skills and comprehends business process as well as technical proficiencies. Their knowledge and expertise are critical to the success of the IT team.
The BSA works directly with internal business users of CVR's applications to provide real-time support. In the course of this support, the BSA is responsible for problem response, triage and documentation of defects and the communicating of remediation. The BSA participates in the design and implementations of feeds, data structures, reports, etc. including analysis and documentation following project management and software development life cycle (SDLC) disciplines to ensure structured and effective implementation.
The Business System Analyst must understand the urgency of issues and drive and own tasks until completed. The BSA must have strong hands-on technical skill sets including an understanding of application development. The BSA will be responsible for coordinating resolution to incidents, service requests, minor enhancement requests and application/system fixes to resolve production issues.
Key activities include understanding and supporting software integrations, software installations, software configuration, testing and troubleshooting:
- Facilitate and actively participate in all phases of the Production Support life cycle, including identifying and defining user requirements, mapping business processes, supporting the defining of software configuration and setup, developing test scripts and scenarios and providing relevant applications and business expertise.
- Provide application training to the user community, as required
- Create specifications and documentation for system usage, as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology or other related scientific or technical discipline required, demonstrated technical proficiency may be substituted for education requirements
- 5 to 8 years business applications implementation and support experience, with effective utilization of an Agile implementation methodology
- Hands-on experience with leading and facilitating business requirements and business process definition, application design and integrated testing activities
- Ability to articulate ideas to all levels of management and technical staff.
- Hands-on experience leading application support and maintenance production support activities.
- Hands-on experience in configuring complex integrated Enterprise systems
- Hands-on experience troubleshooting systems and integration related issues and facilitating issue resolution.
- Possess broad understanding of enterprise business/functional processes in plant maintenance and operations, supply chain. Experience in other corporate areas, such as finance and HR, is a plus.
- Understands of incident management, problem management, change management and service requests and the resulting documentation.
- Understands complex applications functionality, triage issues and is able to identify and document resulting resolutions.
- Displays competent problem-solving skills.
- Displays knowledge of web-based Microsoft development platforms, SQL Server and/or Oracle databases.
- Exposure to application development and Web Application development technologies such as .NET, ASP .NET or Java, JSP desired.
- Intermediate to advanced database skills using SQL Server (includes design and scripting of tables, stored procedures, etc. using Visual Studio and SSMS) desired.
- Basic server admin skills related to application development considered a plus.
- Experience creating process flows with Visio and writing technical documentation.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry considered a plus.
- Fluent in English, oral and written required
- Ability to adjust schedule to meet business needs
- Is a key leader on the Application Support team -- a bridge of Technical and Management skillsets
- Takes a lead role in detecting, diagnosing, and resolving system and application problems; conduct root cause analysis, submitting and managing incident tickets, following through on analysis, and developing methods for improvement.
- Collaborate on change implementation plans and strategies, performing risk and impact assessments prior to change implementation.
- Delivers exceptional customer service in a fast paced environment through phone, email and IM by consulting with management team, peers and subordinates and end users to clarify program intent, identify problems, suggest changes and document discussions/issues and translates changes into clear and actionable application directives.
- Ensures incident resolutions and problems are correctly identified with the proposed final solution consistent with the end users' project requirements.
- Serves as key resource on lights-on projects and support activities, including coordination with business owners and reporting progress and status.
- Maintains an organization-wide view of business and application architecture with high-level visual schematic of key systems and business flows.
- Works closely with developers taking into account budgetary restraints and vendor relations.
- Supports the identification of systems and business architectures with reliability or capacity risk; suggests remediation to improve serviceability.
- Identify areas within Application Support which can be made more efficient through automation, contribute ideas and solutions related to our transition to continuous delivery and work closely with team to contribute to the creation and implementation of such automation
- Identify automated solutions for application and infrastructure monitoring, with focus on exception-based alerting; Leverage open source tools wherever practical