We are looking for Business System Analyst for our client in Boston, MA
Job Title: Business System Analyst
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- We are seeking a talented Business System Analyst to lead business and system analysis of technical, often complex and highly visible agency projects for the client IT Department (EEA IT).
- The Business System Analyst will work closely with Project Managers and the UI Designer role, as well as agency leads, project leads, applications, infrastructure, and telecom/network, to drive project planning and execution of complex enterprise software development projects within set project targets and deadlines.
- The ideal candidate will have strong experience working as a conduit between the business and development team identifying and documenting requirements.
- The candidate will need to have strong working experience with mocking up UI screens and presenting them to business partners to get and confirm system requirements.
- Work with business users to research, understand and document business processes
- Independently lead requirements-gathering sessions
- Document high-level business requirements
- Document detailed system specifications
- Use software design best practices to sketch and wireframe user interface solutions
- Collaborate on user experience planning with peers and team leads
- Analyze user, process, and systems data and create executive analytics dashboards
- Perform other duties related to software delivery as needed i.e. testing
- 4 yeardegree in a related field
- 5+ years of relevant hands-on experience
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Strong working knowledge of software development, Waterfall and Agile (Scrum, Kanban) methodologies
- Experience with user interface design patterns and User-Centered Design methods
- Experience working on multiple projects with time sensitive deadlines
- Certified Scrum Master is preferred but not required
- Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to communicate with non-technical (business) AND technical (developer) audiences
- Must have experience leading requirements gathering sessions
- Comfort working in a fluid environment where visions and requirements may change
- Must be highly organized
- Must be able to work independently, or direct technical staff with a collaborative, hands-on approach
- Familiarity with Jira is preferred.
- Some background in environmental issues, energy, or government experiencepreferred but not required