Wells Fargo's Consumer Lending Group (CLG) is an industry leader in supporting homeowners and consumers. We put customers at the center of all that we do. We make every decision - and design every product and service - with our customers in mind.
It starts with you. We must attract, develop, retain and motivate the most talented people - those who care and who work together as partners across business units and functions. We value and promote diversity and inclusion in every aspect of our business and at every level of our organization.
The CLG team includes Home Lending, Personal Loans and Lines, Direct Auto, Dealer Services, Commercial Auto, Retail Services and Education Financial Services including the professional services teams that partner with these businesses and other key partners.
Our CLG Cross-Group Credit Risk team works closely with business leaders to promote a best-in-class credit culture; encourage common approaches incredit risk management policies, practices and standards; and identify, evaluate and champion adoption of new solutions, and efficiencies that provide business value in managing revenue, expense, quality and risk.
Responsible for the tactical alignment between “Cross-Group Credit Risk”, “RECOR/GTPOs”, “Corporate Third Party Risk Management” and, the “GES & Offshore Resource Management” teams when focused on defining policy, process & platform quality requirements through gap assessments and redesigning and implementing work processes to meet these requirements.
Functions include but not limited to:
- Liaison between Cross-Group 3rd Party Risk, RECOR, GTPO and corporate TPRM
- Overseeing the design, implementation and execution of multiple 3rd Party Risk recommended process improvement which require close partnership with policy, platform and process owners & managers in CLG & Corporate TPRM.
- Functioning as a primary Third Party Risk Management policy & Operational Risk management partner and advocate for supporting process design/change implementation for Third Party Risk Management programs
- Advise on metrics development and assist in the design and implementation of programs for tracking and evaluation of initiative performance.
- Develop innovations that create consistency, efficiency and effectiveness
- Primary point of contact within the team to identify, consolidate & address audit / compliance / regulatory concerns or issues
- Develops root cause analysis and business case for proposed technology, staff and structure changes, including cost estimates
- Establishes standards for measuring performance against process requirements
- Produces new process improvement techniques and services
- Develops metrics that provide data for process management indicators for future improvement opportunities
- Provides consultation on the use of re-engineering techniques to improve process performance and product quality
- Ability to work in an environment where creative tension is embraced and outcome thinking is the goal
- Experience building partnerships, consulting effectively with leadership and establishing/maintaining effective working relationships
- Strong attention to detail and writing/speaking in facts
- Ability to communicate confidentially at varying levels within Wells Fargo
- Ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision in a structured environment
Preferred locations listed. Will consider other Wells Fargo hub locations.
- 8+ year of experience in one or a combination of the following: business support, project management, implementation, business operations or strategic planning in financial services
- 10+ years of financial services experience
- 10+ years of risk management experience
- 10+ years of vendor management experience
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- 7+ years of experience capturing and documenting complex business and functional requirements
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge and understanding of financial controls and risk
Other Desired Qualifications
- Demonstrated passion for solving problems and leading operational excellence
- Ability to take on a high level of responsibility, initiative, and accountability
- Ability to influence executive decision-making and successfully negotiate critical issue resolution related to program initiatives
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and across all organizational levels, where flexibility, collaboration, and adaptability are important
- Strong crisp and concise documentation for both technical and non-technical audiences experience formulating and influencing common approaches tostructuring operating models, processes and/or technology with a lens on leveraging re-usable assets, connecting disparate information and finding efficiencies
- Experienced in reconciling business requirements with roadmaps (internal and vendor) to determine proper alignment
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of business processes analysis and enhancing operations to accomplish business objectives
- Ability to operate with limited supervision, in ambiguous environment with competing priorities.
- Exceptional organizational, analytical, time management, prioritization, detail orientation, presentation, facilitation and multi-tasking skills to balance different initiatives and deliverables.
- Certified Six SigmaBlack Belt / Lean Master
- Experience working with Project Mangers in formal Project Management organizations
- Ability to interact effectively and collaborate with technology teams as requirements are translated to technical specification for technology projects
- Compliance & Operational Riskexperience
- Operational experience (Underwriting, Production)