Aggreko is a global leader in providing temporary power generation, temperature control and oil-free compressed air systems. Founded in 1962, Aggreko prides itself in inspiring confidence to its customers through equipment, services, relationships and the knowledge that always gets the job done.
We are seeking a highly motivated, skilled, and dependable Business Support Analyst in the Houston, TX (near IAH airport) area.
As the primary financial analyst for National Operations management team, report, analyze and communicate financial and operational data for decision-making and strategic planning along with ensuring the appropriate allocation of costs associated with National Repair centers, rental fleet, manpower, overhead expenses, and inventory.
- Complete National Operations cost accounting, budgeting, and forecasting
- Analyze financial and operational data to assist with financial, capital, and manpower planning
- Prepare journal entries to correct or reclassify costs, allocate costs associated with field support, and accrue costs to properly record expenses
- Summarize significant monthly variances vs. forecast and budget and provide explanations of variances
- Re-allocate labor costs as required to assign costs to national fleet or R&D activities
- Prepare National Operations financialreports for company-wide reporting and ad-hocreports for operational decision making
- Ensure proper management of company provided vehicles, cell phones, and tools
- Monitor and analyze fleet life cycle costs to support pricing strategies and fleet investment decisions
- Monitor fleet service status and cost trends related to PM services, breakdowns, warranty claims, painting, mid-life services, and refurbishments
- Track and report man hours in various categories including equipment maintenance and operations, shop time, training, leave/holiday, rechargeable, etc.
- Monitor and analyze major repair costs, including comparisons to replacement costs, trends in age or run time, and actual vs. estimated costs
- Prepare and distribute National Operations Performance Dashboard Metrics reports
- Ensure accuracy and timeliness of data entry for accounting transactions, source documents and records
- Ensure adherence to financial controls within National Operations and facilitate internal audit preparations and responses
- Support National Operations personnel with reporting operational information according to accounting policies and standards
- Provide data to support quarterly quality and reliability reviews
- Analyze costs associated with technicians and prepare fully loaded labor rates for each Area and National Repair center and recommend internal labor rates
- Identify and coordinate non-fleet capital investment needs for National Operations
- Provide cost data to Areas as required to budget for new location start-ups, non-fleet capital requirements, major repairs, refurbishments, and other significant costs determined and driven from National Operations
- Prepare reports to track fleet revenue, rate, and utilization trends and related pull-through revenue and cost ratios
- Track fleet disposals and related sales and profits and calculate quarterly commissions due
- Participate in the National Operations leadership team help to mentor trainees and Orange Belt apprentices
- Prepare annual analysis of fleet sales trends
- Drive continuous improvement for the National Operations function
- Update the SDM and related tracker to monitor and report on key initiatives
- Other special projects, as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college or university
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- 3- 5 years of heavy analytic responsibilities
- Excellent computer and relevant software skills
- Strong accounting fundamentals with analytical skills
- Experience with extracting data to build relevant reports
- Quality oriented with attention to details and capable of working to deadlines
- Capable of working on his/her own initiative, with excellent team working skills
- High level of commitment and loyalty
- Capable of productively engaging and challenging business leaders
- Ability to travel and work closely with senior managers in developing financial awareness across non-financial team
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Oral and written correspondence skills of a high standard in English required; Spanish would be a plus but not required
- Good planning, organizational and time management skills
- Successful experience in preparing financialreports, building and utilizing financial and operational decision-making models, trend analysis and forecasting
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive compensation and bonus plan
- Profit Sharing
- Stock Purchase Plan
- Company paid - industry leading benefit plan including paid leave, paid holidays and a full insurance offering including medical, dental, life, vision, prescription drug, AD&D, and disability plans.
At Aggreko, we’re leading with confidence, bringing advanced rental energy solutions to the world, and providing you with pathways for success. If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please submit your resume today.
Aggreko is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.