Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in speciality glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
The Global Supply Management (GSM) Function is recognized as a critical function for business success. It delivers the training, tools and opportunities needed to create innovative solutions for the function & the corporation. GSM has leading edge, effective processes to anticipate and exceed customer requirements.
This role is part of the Global Supply Management function, leading Supply Chain operations in Corning Specialty Materials’ Advanced Optics division. As such, there is a matrix relationship with AO Manufacturing leadership:
- Responsible for the development and execution of the division’s end-to-end supply chain strategy to support business performance objectives and achieve sustainable competitive advantage.
- Accountable for leading Supply & Demand Planning, Supply Management, Master Production Scheduling, Capacity and Inventory Management and Global Warehousing and Logistics in alignment with business, commercial and manufacturing operations functions.
- Ensures that the business has a robust global supply base that is cost competitive, minimizes risk, optimizes inventory and that external spending complies with Global Buying Policy.
- Leverage Corning corporate as well as other CSM capabilities, regional presence, initiatives and expertise to enhance the business unit’s supply chain execution.
- Develop and initiate strategic plans in areas of opportunity within the end-to-end supply chain to meet/exceed customer expectations at an optimal profitability.
- Coordinate with other division functions to implement global sourcing strategies and contract manufacturing focused on meeting quality and financial objectives. Deploy and enforce the Global Buying Policy.
- Define and implement portfolio action to achieve an optimal supply chain network (footprint) and asset utilization/flexibility to improve working capital utilization and operating cash flow as well as tax effectiveness; leverage the greater Corning supply chain network.
- Ensure effective Supply and Demand reviews and sub-process meeting for the division’s S&OP process and final Management Business Review Plan.
- Coordinate with other Corning division supply chain leaders via the Supply Chain Council to execute the Supply Chain Model, effectiveness assessment and talent development programs.
- Ensure global compliance to regulatory and corporate policy.
- Define, track and improve key performance metrics related to supply chain operation.
- Ensures delivery of Global Supply Management’s annual Global Objectives and Shared Objectives with the business Performance Metrics:
- Corning supply chain council key performance metrics
- Business Unit / division metrics and industry benchmarks
- Contribution metrics (Net price change, cost avoidance, value add)
- Contribution to Operating Margin (COM)
- GSM Global and Shared Objective scores
- Critical supplier performance and quality metrics
- M&A synergy metrics
- Talent management metrics ;Retention rate ;Climate survey
- This is an ITAR controlled position
- Bachelor’s Degree (Technical, Business or Supply Chain).
- 10+ years end-to-end supply chain leadership (Senior level) experience including plant manufacturing, planning, procurement, distributionnetwork, supply chain systems (preferably across a region)
- Global work experience, working across regions and cultures.
- Experience leading global teams, including matrix assignments
- Master’s in Business or Supply Chain Management.
- Supply Chain Certification
- LEAN or Six Sigma Certification or equivalent experience
- Experience with Corning’s Supply Chain Model (Demand Planning, Sourcing, Supply Planning & Execution, Logistics, Network Planning, and Contract Manufacturing).
- Experience across multiple businesses, division and/or technologies.
- Prior experience working with Supply Management Service Companies and Full Principle Entities.
- Multi-lingual (English, French, German, Chinese)
Req #: 4629