Business Strategy Senior Manager
TRAVEL: Normal 80% travelrequired
LOCATIONS: Los Angeles, San Francisco, San Jose, Hartford, Atlanta, Chicago, Boston, Detroit, St Louis, Charlotte, Florham Park, NJ, New York, Columbus, Cincinnati, Philadelphia, Dallas, Houston, Seattle
Strategy professionals help clients develop corporate strategies, make strategic M&A decisions, structure effective business and operating models, and transform their businesses all in an effort to focus on profitable growth.
Business Strategy professionals help General Managers of Business Units with issues such as assessing business performance, instilling business simplification strategies, reinventing a broken business, and entering new markets for growth.
A professional at this position level has the following responsibilities:
- Provides solutions to complex business problems for area(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Involved in setting strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility.
- Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within consulting company, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Has latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments. Decisions have a lasting impact on area of responsibility with the potential to impact outside area of responsibility.
- Manages large teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within consulting company.
- Develops, manages and maintains client relationships
- Acts as a key topic content lead for new thought leadership content creation
- Participates in business development activities
- Demonstrated ability to extend project work into next phases
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 4 years of experience at a consulting firm in strategy or operations-focused roles
- If Operations-focused this must be stated in resume.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in at least one of the following industries: Automotive, Industrial, Wholesale Distribution.
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree and at least 4 years of experience post-graduate degreepreferred
Professional Skill Requirements:
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Attention to detail while managing competing priorities and tight time pressures
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to facilitate senior client meetings and drive conversations with firm leadership
- Desire to lead and motivate teams in dynamic and challenging work environments
- Results-oriented, self-directed, inquisitive, and entrepreneurial-minded
Salary $190k - $240k + bonus