Business Strategy Manager
Opportunity abounds at Micro Focus – now the world’s 7th largest pure-play software company. The robust offerings of Micro Focus and HPE Software have been brought together to create a bigger, better software-focused company that is unparalleled in the depth and breadth of our portfolio. Take charge of your future and join our dynamic team as we make a powerful impact on the world’s software landscape.
Defines high-impact, long-term (i.e., 2-5+ year horizon) business strategies at the corporate, business, and/or regional level.
Partners with senior management to identify existing operational and new business opportunities, including market development, investment prioritization, and Mergers & Acquisitions and other growth strategies.
Monitors external factors during strategic development, including market forces, macro/microeconomic factors, and competitive implications.
Works with and manages cross-functional project teams.
Conducts rigorous, data-driven analyses to diagnose the current state and model future outcomes for business performance.
Develops recommendations for senior management based on competitive market, financial, statistical, and economic trend data.
Manages corporate strategy initiatives and participates in communicating the strategy to the client organization.
- Identifies research, tools, and analyses required to achieve objectives for large, complex business strategy projects.
- Structures analytical approaches and develops project strategies and tactics.
- Develops recommendations for optimizing business and financial performance.
- Manages large, cross- functional teams and communications to facilitate projects and ensure timely delivery to clients.
- Leads the development of project guidelines, contingency plans, objectives, and deliverables.
- Consults with business executives on a wide range of issues related to the strategy formulation process, including risk management and new growth opportunities.
- Provides thought leadership and contributes to expanding the knowledge base within area of expertise which includes developing new methods, techniques and criteria for developing strategy analysis and recommendations.
- Collaborates across businesses, functions, and regions to align strategy and direction with corporate and divisional approaches, systems, information and support.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically 8-12years total experience. Often 4-7 years post- advanced degreeexperience leading projects, deals, and company financial improvement initiatives in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, or market research.
- Top-tier strategy and private equity consulting experiencerequired (such as McKinsey / BCG / Bain / Alix Partners / Alvarez & Marsal).
- Experience working on private equityportfolio company transformations required.
- MBA from a top university required.
- Undergraduate or Master’s Degree from a top tier University; preferably STEM or Economics degree.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent analytical thinking, analysis, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently manage complex project objectives.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to manage statistical analysis and financial modeling.
- Advanced business acumen, technical knowledge within at multiple business units, and extensive knowledge in applications and technologies.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills, including negotiation, presentation, and influence.
- Superior group facilitation, interviewing, and influence skills.
- Excellent project management skills, including project structuring and managing multiple work streams independently.
- Strong relationship management skills, including partnering and consulting.
- Strong leadership skills, including coaching, team- building, conflict resolution, and management.
- Ability to identify and draw on leading-edge analytical tools and techniques to develop creative approaches and new insights to client issues.
- Ability to independently draft and present client deliverables, recommendations, and communications strategies.
Job ID 7000995