The Strategy team at Just Energy supports the definition and execution of the corporate strategy. Strategy execution is performed through our “strategic implementation” process which involves the strategy team supporting project leaders to deliver selected projects to advance our strategy of becoming a Trusted Advisor to our customers. The Strategy team also supports development of our new product pipeline through analyzing market trends and customer needs, vetting potential strategic partners, and executing statistically significant market tests. The Manager, Business Strategy role requires an individual with strong analytical skills, excellent interpersonal and cross-functional leadership capabilities, and the ability to deliver creative solutions to complex problems. Performance will be measured by the quality of opportunity analysis and the ability to execute project and testing efforts to plan. Strong performers will have the opportunity to move into broader management roles within Just Energy’s growing business. Responsibilities:
- Strategic project oversight – work with business project leads to define and measure project milestones and KPIs.
- New product review – contribute and review new product ideas to verify customer value, strategic fit, opportunity size, and pilot project design.
- New product design – review market trends and customer feedback, develop product value propositions, and perform competitive analysis. Set pricing and manage promotional offers.
- Pilot project design – build business cases including financial models and scenario analysis, to demonstrate the potential value of pilot projects. Determine the target markets and channel mix to be used for the pilot. Identify meaningful KPIs and a process to measure them. Define the desired customer journey. Present the pilot business case to executive leadership.
- Pilot project execution – oversee teams working on pilot projects, including managing daily and weekly team meetings to ensure accountability and delivery in line with plan. Build and perform training. Spend time side-by-side with sales and service staff to identify and resolve barriers to performance. Adapt pilot strategy and structure based on lessons learned during execution.
- Vendor management – liaise with strategic partners to ensure adequate is effort put into realizing shared opportunities. Key Relationships
- Director, Product Management
- SVP, Product Development
- Director, Finance
- Sales channel managers
- Regional General Managers
The successful candidate will have exceptional initiative, a detail-oriented and execution-focused management style, and a passion for bringing new opportunities to customers. Strong analytical skills and the desire to take responsibility for outcomes are essential to success.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, finance, or MBA
- 5+ years of work experience including direct accountability for delivering results in line with plans
- 2+ years of work experience with new product development, including the definition and deployment of new product offerings into market
- Experience handling multiple simultaneous projects in a fast paced, deadline driven, matrix environment
- Thinks about the big picture and delivers on the details, on time and on budget
- Builds personal relationships with a shared commitment to success
- Conveys complex ideas succinctly and precisely
- Experience in retail energy, home services and/or smart home
- Training or certification in process design and/or process improvement
- We put the Customer first in everything we do
- We are accountable to results and to each other
- We act with a bias for action and a sense of urgency
- We make decisions based on data to optimize results
- We practice short interval management with a focus on details.