Purpose of Job
Leads company and/or staff area (CoSA) executive management to identify, develop and communicate specific business strategies across CoSA functional areas, utilizing expert knowledge of USAA, industry, business development, and financial planning. Leads strategic analyses of business needs and environmental trends in support of business strategy development and planning processes and, as appropriate, enterprise strategy and planning processes. Conducts business strategy reviews to assess progress of strategy achievement. Performs complex and often unique work assignments and problem resolution across multiple disciplines.
We are currently seeking a talented Business Strategy and Planning Director in the San Antonio, Texas and Remote locations.
- Drives the development and coordination of CoSA strategy.
- Works with CoSA executive management to establish strategic framework that enables short and long-term business goals and objectives.
- Develops specific processes to manage the business strategic planning process.
- Maintains and aligns business process and frameworks to USAA enterprise strategy process and framework.
- Builds and maintains CoSA specific strategic roadmaps to ensure deliverables are met (current and future).
- Maintains responsibility of change management plans and strategies for large, complex business specific initiatives that often impact the organization and/or enterprise.
- Performs primary and secondary research and analysis and synthesizes findings on market, industry, consumer and competitor trends.
- Guides less experienced team members as they perform research and analysis.
- Supports CoSA executive leadership with the design and coordination of the annual strategic planning and operational planning processes.
- Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy development and implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 or more years professional work experience.
- 5 or more years related business experience.
- 4 or more years planning and execution experience.
- 4 or more years work experience in a role that directly contributed to business short-term and/or long-term goals inside USAA or externally.
- Demonstrated business acumen in financial services and a proven ability to balance strategic thinking with practical implementation skills.
- Expert level effective executive level communications and facilitation experience.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Experience in strategic planning and/or operational planning to include department budgets, and expense management.
- Strong expertise in capacity modelling, forecasting, and operational planning methodologies
- Project management and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple on-going assignments
- Strategic thinker who is action-oriented with strong leadership and communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Experience with developing content for senior leadership
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.