Purpose of Job
Uses quantitative and qualitative analysis to provide thought-leadership on evolving industry trends, market developments, USAA's strategic direction, regulatory environment, and macroeconomic trends for the business unit. Provides insights and information-based context for key stakeholders in the business unit to effectively manage, influence, and impact line of business strategy.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to identify key business assumptions and hypotheses around line of business strategy.
- Continuously refines hypotheses and identifies business questions to explore further.
- Develops the analytical framework and blueprint to answer business questions identified in the business portfolio, product, or member experience.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders to evaluate and uncover strategic insights related to Profit & Loss performance including Product Strategy, Pricing, Marketing, Sales, Credit Risk, Distribution Channels, and Member Experience.
- Applies analytical rigor to define outcome measures, improve prioritization, increase agility in decisioning, improve ability to evaluate progress towards business outcomes, and to evaluate risks to strategic goals.
- Leverages advanced data-driven problem-solving techniques to manipulate and interpret business data. Translates findings into insights for strategy management and execution.
- Communicates the significance of strategic insights to the senior leaders and other key stakeholders.
- May provide guidance and on-the-job training to less experienced team members.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science, Finance, Economics or related discipline OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience, OR Master's Degree and 4 or more years of experience in data/analytics, strategy consulting, or related business experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with hypotheses-driven problem solving.
- Experience bringing analytics to action using visualization tools (e.g. Tableau).
- Experience influencing business decisions.
- Experience performing complex data analysis.
- 2 years of prior experience in banking.
- 2 years of prior experience in financial services.
- 2 years prior experience in risk management.