Partners with Operations and Transformation leadership,Information Technology, and our Regional Bank leadership to enable the business to meet its strategic, tactical, and operational goals. Meets with the executive management team regularly to ensure technical requests for the business are prioritized to match expectations and needs of senior management. Positionreports to the head of Residential Lending Operations.
- Directly manages six managers responsible for ensuring the configuration, maintenance, modifications, and implementation of application programs are performed appropriately.
- Reviews analysis performed by business and systems analysts in Operations and Transformation, Information Technology, and direct reports to ensure all aspects of the project development phase have been considered and completed according to plan.
- Partners with the Information Technology organization for Testing QE support services that are responsible for supporting lending technology both on a strategic level as well as coordinating support and maintenance of existing technology.
- Provide thought leadership on highly specialized Mortgage Banking and Commercial Lending applications, high-level functional systems analysis, design, and integration and implementation advice on exceptionally complex projects that need extensive knowledge of the lending subject matter for effective implementation.
- Maintain an exceptionally high level of responsiveness and ongoing proactive contact with other executives.
- Act as a liaison and strategic partner with technology vendors.
- Direct the design and maintenance of Union Bank Residential and Commercial Lending systems and other lending areas as required.
- Participate in strategic plans identifying Information Technology applications supporting Union Bank Residential and Commercial Lending business plans.
- Provide thought leadership related to technology solutions aligned with Union Bank strategic goals and objectives.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the Lending Business Solutions Group.
- Establish operational processes working in conjunction with vendor andInformation Technologypartners regarding:
- Analysis and Requirements Definition
- Functional testing and user acceptance testing of vendor solutions
- Release management
- System functions and data documentation
- Assess and anticipate technology projects and recommends appropriate action and resources to Information Technology partners and senior leaders.
- Identifies user needs, resolves problems, and directs building of teams to work across all levels of the organization.
- Recommends and/or determines the institution’s long-term system needs and work in collaboration with technology vendors and Information Technology to propose hardware/software solutions to accomplish business objectives.
- Maintain close contact with representatives of vendors providing products and services to manage future direction of solutions.
- Participate in budgeting, strategic, and tactical planning of the division.
- Responsible for managing on-site personnel and staff development.
- Requires 12+ years direct experience in managing staff or directing teams.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Master’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration is highly preferred
- Requires 10+ years with previous direct work experience supporting Lending Originations (mortgage banking or commercial) businesses leveraging technology.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of the system development life cycles, client area functions and system, and application program development alternatives.
- Requires excellent communication, collaboration, and consultative skills.
- Seasoned judgment, tact, and the ability to work effectively with business unit managers, vendors, and Information Technology management.
- Requisition #: 10020295-WD