Business Solutions Developer Segment Overview
Cameron’s Valves & Measurement
Our V&M segment includes businesses that provide valves and measurement systems primarily used to control, direct and measure the flow of oil and gas – from individual wellheads through flow lines, gathering lines and transmission systems to refineries, petrochemical plants and other fluid processors. V&M’s product line offers many kinds of specialized valves as well as sophisticated measurement products including totalizers, meters and sampling systems. Because many of its products are highly technical, V&M’s marketing effort is supported by a collaboration of engineering specialists.
Job Summary This position will support development projects of Office Automation integrating Excel, Access and SAP. It will also work with functional teams to determine that objectives are met, assist with testing and work to resolve issues in new and the existing systems.
The ideal candidate for this position will need to be self-motivated and have a well-built desire to excel.
The ability to independently and intelligently reason to successfully solve problems is highly valued.
Capture Operational/Plant requirements for enhancements to software applications.
Work with the Plant Management to understand and gather information on reporting across cross functional groups in order to create automated metric dash boards to track operational performance.
Support the Plant Lean Six Sigma program with improved data mining and reporting of current projects.
Participate as team member/resource on Lean Six Sigma projects that require Information Technology resources.
Coordinate with Corporate IT group on new development projects.
- Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science.
- Solid communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks is required.
- Strong SQL background along with at least intermediate skill level developing front end forms/screens with either Access/VBA, Visual Studio 2008, Visual Basic/C, C#NET, or ASP.NET WebPages.
- Requires a strong understanding of Office Automation and expertise in Microsoft Office applications including programming macros in Excel, SQL and Microsoft Access.