Business Solutions Architect is accountable for developing business-enabling technology solutions, including analytics. This role applies a structured business solution architecture approach and methodology for capturing the key views of the business unit, in collaboration with our business engagement leaders. Maintains expertise in the direction of the business functions in partnership with business engagement, to identify challenges and associated plans to advance business capabilities. Effective partnership and teamwork with business partners.
This role will be accountable for, but not limited to, the following key responsibilities:
- In collaboration with Business Engagement Leads, develop and sustain effective relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders, providing insights and advice on opportunities to leverage technology for business outcomes, and pulling in key stakeholders into solution discussions and plans as appropriate.
- Ensure effective consultation with Research, Development and Manufacturing business partners in exploring and applying innovative outside-in solution ideas to address business opportunities and challenges.
- Perform matrix leadership and hold accountability for business gap analysis, process mapping and requirement gathering and definition.
- Partner effectively with other Solution Delivery to identify potential shared platform solutions that can be leveraged across other business areas to minimize redundant solutions.
- Develop business enablement & solution roadmaps.
- Partner with enterprise architecture to conceptualize solution architectures adhering to Architecture Directions and Standards while addressing business strategies, business capability requirements, business processes. Contributes to enterprise architecture by modeling and mapping business processes, capabilities and enterprise information.
- Perform process development and mapping from Research to Release.
- Build and maintain an integrated view of the system landscape to support future business intelligence and analytics.
- Drive the evaluation of “ideas” to bring tangible, actionable solutions.
- Solve for business capability gaps, support the development of business cases and weave solution execution plans into technology roadmaps, with appropriate linkages to other/related systems and areas.
- Provide input to the enterprise architecture to guide the enterprise toward a target state as it relates to the supported line of business.
- Drive efficiency gains and quality improvements
- Support by leading and managing an effective multi-disciplinary team of business savvy IT experts, and in contributing innovative thoughts to the Research & Development
- Ensure effective leadership, teamwork, and collaboration with other IT directors, managers and staff across IT to achieve a unified and responsive IT services approach to the Business.
- Ensure proper inspection readiness and compliance in all aspects of solution delivery.
- Manage internal personnel, external partners and service providers where applicable.
Knowledge, Experience And Skills
- Minimum of 12+ years of experience (with a Bachelordegree, or a minimum of 10+ years of experience with an advanced degree) in an IT leadership and Account Management role in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry, with a focus in Research, Development and Manufacturing.
- Minimum of five years of experience working as a Business Solution Architect in the Pharmaceutical industry, soliciting and defining requirements and business capabilities, and conducting process mapping.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience at the intersection of strategy, architecture and innovation, applying advanced technologies to large and/or complex business problems.
- Working experience and knowledge of end-to-end IT software and systems solution delivery from idea conception, design, development and/or configuration, and transition into production support and maintenance.
- Experience with all disciplines of architecture (information, applications, solutions, enterprise).
- Working experience and knowledge in IT solution delivery using delivery approaches besides in-house development via managed services providers.
- Working knowledge of various solution delivery methodologies – waterfall, agile, hybrid methods, etc.
- Demonstrated relationship savvy in building effective trusted advisor relationships with business partners and IT alike using effective relationship-building, negotiation, mediation and influencing skills.
- Ability to lead and manage under conditions of ambiguity and uncertainty.
- Demonstrated discipline, analytical skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Independent, self-motivated, self-managing, proactive and responsive with a bias for action and results.
- Good verbal and written communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience and capabilities in accurate budgeting, forecasting and portfolio management.