As an individual contributor, you will work across CX functions and IT teams to understand the current technical environment to detail the current state business application architecture, technical debt, and areas of improvement. Establish working processes to support changes to that architecture, managing risk while ensuring speedy progress. Participate to formulate a scalable target architecture to support the growth and strategic objectives of Zendesk and business outcomes; guide, influence, and assist the delivery teams and engineers at all levels. Support and develop technical leadership capabilities across our delivery teams. Stay up-to-date with innovations and changes in enterprise technology, particularly in the Customer Experience industry and within Zendesk; Make pragmatic, evidence-based recommendations on their applicability to our business. Ensure teams you collaborate with are delivering quickly, measuring impact and iterating to drive positive outcomes for customers. Lead development and implementation of company standards. Will serve as a member of the Architecture Review Board.
- Work with Customer Experience Business (Marketing, Sales, Customer Success, more), Analytics, IT and Product teams to help reach enterprise architecture decisions to support Zendesk’s longer term business goals.
- Collect and model current and target Enterprise Architecture.
- Design and lead a multi-year enterprise architecture roadmap, balancing short and long-term goals and investments to scale and deliver our solutions globally.
- Analyze the current architecture to identify weaknesses and opportunities for improvement.
- Translate business and technical requirements into an architecture to achieve business objectives.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, platforms, and application infrastructure required to efficiently implement a complete solution.
- Design and support the development of technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Lead evaluation, design and analysis of enterprise-wide solutions
- Propose architecture solutions based on business and technology considerations, and suitable alternatives to satisfy customers needs.
- Be a link between technical and business audiences during solution development.
- Ensure compliance of solutions to architectural standards.
- Act as an advisor on technologies and trends in solutions architecture.
- Advise on a broad range of technologies, platforms and vendors.
- Ability to articulate new insights and concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience delivering presentations to senior level executives and technical audiences
- A proven track record demonstrating the ability to influence organizational change from an enterprise architecture perspective
- Experience establishing a successful Enterprise Architecture program at a large firm would be preferred
- Experience and expertise in the Lean-Agile principles and development methodologies.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically.
- Architectural proven experience including cloud application architecture
- Business acumen that can interpret and translate business goals into technical specifications, delivering thought leadership of specific technologies and driving technology change.
- Business knowledge and interpersonal skills to build, maintain and influence relationships with senior leaders.
- Displaying initiative and an ability to lead others.
- 10 + years of demonstrated ability architecting and leading sophisticated business ecosystems, processes and lifecycles
- 10 + years of SaaS application architecture design and implementation experience
- 10 + years of demonstrated ability in a similar role, preferably within the software and/or high-tech companies.
- Proficiency of application, data and integration architecture disciplines.
- Deep knowledge of design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application.
- Build and maintain enterprise architecture documentation that includes Business Capability Maps, Business Process Flows, Solution Architecture, core concepts and key decisions.
- Review business requirements to ensure sufficient detail and transparency, collaborating with business partners to ensure that these are brought together accurately with clear and complete understanding of capabilities, process and people implications, as well as technology.
- Applying standards of cloud compliance to application design to achieve reliability.
- Continually scan the environment in a proactive manner to gain perspective on industry trends, leading practices and technology offerings for use in engagements with business.