The Business Solutions & Account Manager, CLG is primarily responsible for the creation, development and execution of customized, cross-platform partnership programs that support revenue generation and partner retentionassociated with the esports budget. The MSG Sports – esports Budget consists of the following properties: CLG and Knicks Gaming (2K Team).
The Business Solutions & Account Manager, CLG will collaborate with internal stakeholders to help lead in the compiling of current esports property inventory including: creation/management of rate cards for properties, tracnking inventory and showing value/pricing/rationale of assets.This person will also lead in the creation of new esports partner platforms including: research (identify industry leaders, best practices, emerging technologies), platform development and vetting, pricing/P&L development, division approval, creative presentations, inventory management and platform execution. In addition, this role will maintain a library of platforms, inventory, and rate cards the sales groups will utilize for proposals as well as lead recap strategy for each esports partner.
S/he will be expected to reside in Los Angeles and understand all aspects of the properties, ensure vetting process is in place/followed and all inventory/pitches are approved by necessary stakeholders. This person will travel regularly to New York City and select esports events (up to 5 business days monthly). This travel will ensure s/he works closely with Business Solutions and Marketing Partnerships (sales and account management) to understand MSG core sales/service partnership philosophies. S/he will work closely with internal (NY based) Sales and Account Management teams to position and sell newly created platforms, responsibilities may include: leading partner brainstorms, providing Coordinators information/pricing/positioning in the development of customized decks, attending pitch meetings (when applicable), providing market research and competitive analysis, etc.
This position will work closely with various team stakeholders (social/digital team, players, streamers, leagues, etc.) to plan, manage and execute the esports aspects of the partnership on behalf of MSG. Position will control budget for partnership execution and will liaise with Account Management team on communication ot the partner of execution of these deliverables.
- Oversee creation/management of rate card and inventory related to esports properties
- Oversee creation of platforms and approvals related to esports properties
- Oversee development of all esports related sales materials
- Develop and own creative sales strategies related to corresponding esports platforms
- Participate in sales pitches related to esports developed platforms and assets
- Assist in presentation development with platform idea generation and proposal construction
- Research and evaluate partnership opportunities
- Manage execution of esports related platforms
- Coordinate and manage program development with current internal creative and production teams.
- Manage the client-vendor relationships (e.g., Twitch, 2K) to execute necessary activation plans, fully leveraging assets on behalf of partners.
- Support the creation and implementation of materials to support individual partner initiatives. This will include, but not be limited to, development of creative elements, preparing marketing activation presentations, securing approvals from rights-holders, distribution of materials to the client.
- Serve as a member of on-site event marketing teams to support partner tactical implementation at all events where account management staff is needed.
- Manage relationships related to the success of esports platforms (i.e., team management, players, coaches, digital/social team, leagues, distribution partners and agencies)
- Focus efforts on inventory and strategies designed to maximize revenue streams for individual properties and the organization globally
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years’ experience in fast paced business environment, with specific knowledge of strategic marketing/platform development/partnership marketing/partnership execution/media buying with experience working for esports/traditional sports/entertainment properties, agencies, or brands
- Exceptional knowledge of esports and gaming culture with experience in working directly in this industry
- Extensive experience across digital and social media, with experience in pricing and value metrics of digital/media assets
- Experience in project management from a leadership role in both conceptualizing plan and execution
- Proven experience with development and implementation of sponsorship marketing strategies
- Practical experience with on-site event marketing operations and logistics
- Knowledge of strategic marketing solutions and the ability to research and analyze a sponsor’s objectives coupled against CLG assets and their brand image
- Exceptional project management skills – ability to plan, hit deadlines and motivate team and self to achieve results on time
- Ability to think strategically and creatively
- Ability to problem-solve independently and in groups
- Strong sales skills and strategic thinking with ability to generate innovative platforms during pitch, upsell and renewal process
- Ability to establish and build strong relationships with senior level sponsors/clients
- Experience managing and working within cross-functional teams
- Excellent time management, organization, written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, Powerpoint, etc.) with working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator &)Photoshop)
- Ability to travel up to 20% to 25% of the time
Candidates who have completed 60 credits of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred.
Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
Requisition ID 17-8107