Provide Regulatory and control monitoring oversight within Credit Administration. Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Regulation O, Regulation W as well as Credit Policy monitoring processes for Trouble Debt Restructuring, Lending Authority, and overdraft violations amongst others ; Manage the workflow and employee assignments on a daily, weekly basis. Serve as project leader on complex and highly visible Regulatory management projects.
- Lead a team of 3-4 FTE
- Responsible for the operational and reporting activities for Reg O and Reg W and CRA
- Provide Management and support for Credit Policy monitoring approval functions including but not limited to Trouble Debt Restructure, Transfer Policy, Lending Authority, and Overdraft
- Lead Federal and State exam requests for Credit Administration throughout the year
- Responsible for the execution of risk initiatives that this position leads or for which their team is responsible to conduct. Responsible for completely and accurately documenting key business processes. Identify and assess risks and internal controls associated with the key processes under your leadership.
- Ensure all processes and procedures are documented throughout the year.
- Monitor business unit performance with respect to established key risk indicators (KRIs),and recommend enhancements to strengthen risk control structure.
- Accurately complete Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSAs) and other risk management reporting, recommending enhancements to each. Assist in the reporting and escalation of risk events and loss events.
- Provide guidance on the development of remediation plans. Manage the timely completion of remediation plans and other projects to address issues identified internally and by Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, Internal Audit or external regulators. Validate the quality of the plans implemented.
- Implement and oversee the adherence to policies and procedures for the business unit. This includes identifying updates or enhancements as business unit processes change. In addition, assist in responding to both internal and external requests in relation to departmental processes and procedures.
- Adhere to applicable compliance/operational risk controls in accordance with Company or regulatory standards and policies.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 9 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience