The Business Risk Services (BRS) Attest Services Director is responsible for all phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include planning, directing, and completing engagements related to Service Organization Controls (SOC) readiness reviews and audits; and developing and managing staff. The BRS Attest Services Senior Manager works closely with partners, managers and staff on client management, practice development, and business development. The BRS Attest Services Senior Manager is responsible for an assigned group of clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, conduct and manage SOC readiness assessments, assessing the design of controls, assess the fair representation of controls, testing of controls as of a point in time and over a period of time and report writing/development.
- Perform engagement management responsibilities, including performance reviews, task delegation, project scheduling, project financials, quality review and client management
- Manage business development activities, such as proposals, capture, account teams, whitepapers, conferences, and/or other thought leadership material
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits and proposals.
- Think strategically about practice enhancements and be able to embrace and manage change.
- Meet or exceed sales targets for new and follow-on work
- Meet or exceed targeted billing hours (utilization)
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients and work effectively with client management and staff at all levels to gather information and perform services
- Work closely with Grant Thornton managers and partners to promptly identify and resolve client problems or issues
- Communicate (verbally and in writing) externally with clients and internally with all levels of the organization to successfully accomplish objectives portraying knowledge and confidence
- Manage, develop, train, coach and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Motivate others to perform at maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality of the services delivered
- Interview campus and/or experienced candidates
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of related work experience in a similar consulting practice or function servicing cross-industry clients at a national level.
- CPA, CISA, CISSP, CIA or CISM license/certification.
- Experience in public accounting or equivalent delivering and managing related audit services with experience in a medium- to large-sized public accounting firm.
- Mastered the processes of preparing engagement working papers, and is able to teach others.
- Experience performing financial, operational, and system audits, as well as business process control reviews.
- Strong experience in staff and audit management in an integrated client service team.
- Ability to manage and develop staff in a highly interactive team environment.
- Client service and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to develop and maintain outstanding client relationships.
- Ability to manage multiple engagements and competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced interactive, results-based team environment.
- Leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of audit-preparation software and an understanding of the impact of technology.
- Audit, internal audit, IT audit, security experience or SOC1 and SOC2 experience.
- Practice development experience.
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.