Business Risk Officer -Treasury Management
Job Purpose and Scope:
The Business Risk Officer contributes to the overall quality of risk management across Bank of the Ozarks (‘the Company’) by proactively collaborating with senior leaders and business unit managers to identify, assess, measure, monitor and report on risks to the business. The Business Risk Officer also represents the Corporate Risk Management Group (‘CRMG’) as an advisor and consultant to the business on the identification of emerging risks and the efficient means of managing known and anticipated risks. The Business Risk Officer is considered a subject matter expert in their area of specialization.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides objective and independent advice, consultation and risk management support according to the Company’s risk frameworks and tools;
- Collaborates with business unit managers to identify, assess, measure, monitor, and report business risks in accordance with risk management policies and programs;
- Facilitates the assessment and monitoring elements of enterprise, operational, and quantitativerisk management programs within assigned businesses;
- Assists business unit management in the development of risk appetite statements and identification, analysis, and reporting of associated key risk indicators;
- Supports new product or service risk assessments, stress scenarios, and emerging risk surveys;
- Supports the Company-wide inventory and risk assessment of models, and the validation of lower risk models;
- Supports the identification and research of operational riskevents and losses within the business units;
- Facilitates cross-functional risk assessments in their areas of responsibility, including participating with other CRMG functions as required;
- Engages in and assisting management with reviews of pre and post project risk assessments and evaluations;
- Communicates and escalates matters of significant risk to senior leaders and business unit managers, with a strong focus on identification of patterns and trends along with potential strategies to manage identified risks;
- Collaborates with colleagues and managers within CRMG to facilitate the exchange of risk and control information about the business units within the Business Risk Officer’s area of responsibility;
- Assists CRMG managers in the monitoring of actions taken by management to remediate internal control and/or compliance issues;
- Administers the business unit risk and control data within the Company’s GRC system relative to quality and integrity standards, change management, and coordination with other user groups;
- Supports senior leaders, business unit managers, the Chief Risk Officer, and the Directors of Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, and QuantitativeRisk Management with risk profile information, analyses, and reporting;
- Assists the Directors of Enterprise Risk Management and Operational Risk Management in the delivery of riskeducation across the Company;
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Broad understanding of banking and financial services.
Knowledge of risk assessment and management frameworks and principles.
Familiarity with the financial services regulatory environment.
Understanding of internal control principles and practices.
Well-developed facilitation skills.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel data management techniques for analysis and reporting.
Familiarity with corporate governance principles.
Strong interpersonal, communication, and analytical skills.
Creativity, critical thinking, initiative, and problem-solving skills.
Ability to operate and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment, with tight deadlines.
Ability to manage multiple work streams and deliverables, and coordinate across functional initiatives.
Demonstrated experience and knowledge in treasury operations including cash management, remote deposit capture, ACH, wire transfers, positive pay, account reconcilement, and account analysis.
- Knowledge of applying risk management methodologies, internal control frameworks, and regulatory requirements for the area of specialization.
Subject matter expertise in operational and compliance risks relevant to treasury operational areas;
Knowledge of policies, processes, procedures, controls, and technology typically found in treasury operational areas;
Knowledge of FFIEC and NACHA regulatory guidelines and control frameworks used in the examination of treasury operations.
Equipment Used in Job Performance/Working Environment:
Major Job Demands:
Occasional overnight travel
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a financial services company with specialization in treasury management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience preparing operational or riskreports and presenting them to management committees, senior leaders, and business unit managers.
Job ID #: 3807