Implement defined first line of defense risk management initiatives within the business unit in support of the Enterprise Risk Framework. Manage the risk work and employee assignments to those initiatives responsible for risk and control functions in the business unit. Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for execution of risk functions; Serve as project leader on complex and highly visible risk management projects.
- Develop, refine and maintain a risk based business monitoring program using key risk indicators (KRIs), key performance indicators (KPIs) as well as other risk indicators such as losses, near misses, recalls, etc.
- Define and retrieve data from the Bank's various and disparate legacy systems in order to build data sets for analysis
- Analyze various data sets to assist the business in its decision making
- Enhance the business's decision making ability through the use of data visualization tools including trend analysis, heat maps, Venn diagrams etc.
- Leverage the risk and control self -assessment (RCSA) to glean insight into the risk exposure of the business and/or specific products.
- Lead various risk initiatives.
- Document key business processes accurately and completely; identifying and assessing risks and internal controls associated with the key processes under your leadership.
- Monitor business unit performance with respect to established risk indicators, and recommend enhancements to strengthen risk control structure.
- Identify emerging risks and risks associated with new products/ services/ markets/ channels or changes to existing products/ services/ markets/ channels, as well as the control structures needed to mitigate the risks.
- Provide guidance to the business on the development of remediation plans. Manage the timely completion of remediation plans and other projects to address issues identified internally and by Enterprise Risk Management, Compliance, Internal Audit or external regulators. Validate the quality of the plans implemented and enhance any related monitoring as necessary.
- Implement and oversee the adherence to risk policies and procedures for the business unit.
- Perform the review for accuracy, reasonability and completeness of the quarterly Administrative Review reporting; present results to GCM MC.
- Periodically and as needed participate in specific control testing responsibilities which may include: the review of testing, evaluating results to determine if issues exist, communicate results/findings to management , system administrative duties such as the maintenance, validation, and / or updating in the compliance data management system (Archer) as well as other test management related activities.
- Provide informal coaching of staff. Provide input to manager with regard to staff performance and growth/development of staff functions and responsibilities for risk initiatives they lead.
Education and Experience Required:
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 9 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience
High proficiency with excel, ability to create and modify macros, leverage advanced excel functions and create/maintain pivot tables.
SAS, SQLand/or experience with Tableau or other data manipulation/visualization applications
Understanding of data elements within WT│M&T systems (e.g. SEI, ACS, BPM, Total Cash, Loan IQ, LUNA, TranStar, WebInfoPlu$)