This is a position within the Key Corporate Bank (KCB) Business Risk and Controls organization. This position is primarily responsible for assisting assigned line(s) of business with the identification, measurement, and management of risk. Additional responsibilities include providing risk, control and compliance advice / consultation on current and emerging risks impacting assigned line(s) of business; promoting accountability for the awareness and management of risk; and coordinating the management and escalation of issues. This position will also engage and consult with corporate risk management partners across risk disciplines to develop and implement consistent risk management standards and processes across KCB.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Analyze trends in the metrics within LOBs and across Corp Bank
- Analyze data in new ways that create actionable insights for business teams across the Corporate Bank
- Assist in the annual Resolution Plan (Living Will) profile for the Corporate Bank including collecting information, drafting content, facilitating review within line of business and corporate risk management, along with obtaining senior executive approval.
- Provide metrics for the TPM and Business Continuity programs as needed for the Quarterly Risk Profile
- Manage all Regulation W Specialist activities including preliminary screening of transactions and engage Legal and Compliance as necessary to ensure covered transactions fully meet requirements. Work with LOB stakeholders to document covered transactions, gain appropriate approvals for use of any cash collateral, approve/decline transactions in the Master Compliance Application, and perform quarterly testing.
- Develop and prepare related risk reporting in support of business risk priority and review meeting cadence, and prepare ad-hoc reporting for line of business and team members to facilitate miscellaneous senior and executive management reporting and status updates, as needed.
- Partner in the execution of supplementary reviews and assessments as warranted to proactively identify risks and/or maintain control design/monitoring sustainability.
- Identify findings and assist with remediation plans, and exception requests, escalating risks and issues outside of risk appetite, as applicable. (Corp Bank trends)
- Partner with business units to define data requirements used to support quarterly assessment program.
- Build the BRC scorecard and develop metrics that guide action with leading and lagging indicators
- Assist in the execution of supplementary reviews and assessments as warranted to proactively identify risks and/or maintain control design/monitoring sustainability. Cross LOB or Analytics at vertical level as requested
- Bachelors degree in mathematics/finance or equivalent work experience with emphasis on reporting and analysis. Master’s Degree in Finance, Economics, or Information Management preferred.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate impactful metrics.
- Proven ability to effectively communicate complex concepts through data driven charts and graphs.
- Minimum 5 or more years of banking industry knowledge with experience in one or more of the following: compliance, audit, risk management or line of business. 2+ years of experience in business analytics, financial modeling, strategy, or consulting.
- Strong organization skills and ability to manage multiple high level projects and competing priorities accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated, build and manage relationships, and work in a dynamic, fast paced team environment.
- Proficient use of personal computers including use of Microsoft Office, various web-based software applications, databases and mainframe application.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills, decision making and ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Demonstrate team work and accountability with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively with external and internal clients including executive managers, along with building and sustaining collaborative relationships.
- Solid written and communication skills and ability to “sell” difficult/complex concepts.
- Experience with SAS or other advanced statistical based software
- Proficient SQL programing with large databases
- Strong experience in creating data graphs/visualizations
- Ability to synthesize, create and communicate clear analytical studies in PowerPoint
- Strong critical thinking combined with business intuition and intellectual curiosity
- Ability to simulate mathematical/statistical models
- Ability to analyze complex financial instruments, create spreadsheets and write code to facilitate the analysis