General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world’s leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
General Atomics Electromagnetic Systems (GA-EMS) designs and manufactures first-of-a-kind electromagnetic and electric power generation systems. GA-EMS’ expanding portfolio of specialized products and integrated system solutions support critical fleet, space systems and satellites, missile defense, power and energy, and process and monitoring applications for defense, industrial, and commercial customers worldwide
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Business Reporting Lead in our Electromagnetic Systems (EMS) Group located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under consultative direction, this position isresponsible for analyzing business and technicalprocesses to formulate and develop new and modified business processing systems. Responsible for leading the businessreporting strategy for the business group and developing KPIs, dashboards,reports and tools for all levels of business user. Exercises considerable judgment within broadly defined practices and precedents to contribute to the development of new concepts, techniques and standards to ensure activities meet overall objectives.
- Leads the analysis, validation and development of business and technical process requirements; develops systems requirements, techniques and controls; and oversees implementation efforts of requirements.
- Provides leadership in determining business and user requirement specifications; leads analysis and verification to ensure consistency, traceability, feasibility and completeness; recommends and implements process improvements.
- Lead for building a reporting Center of Excellence (CoE) across the organization.
- Develops hard copy and electronic reports as required; utilizes analysis models, prototypes and scenarios. Designs reports within SAP Business Objects.
- Initiates changes/updates/modifications to practices, processes, policies, procedures and tools.
- Develops and analyses product planning; and proposes new product features and updates.
- Provides leadership, participates and assists in multiple projects as required.
- Provides direction to support staff and less experienced professional staff.
- Authors required documents and collaborates with ITS on design solutions.
- Works with ITS Business Analysts, process owners and other team leaders to improve business processes and systems.
- Develops and delivers training curriculum.
- Utilizes MS Office Suite, SAP and other applications.
- Expert level in SAP Business Objects and associated tools.
- Provide technical solutions which are imaginative, thorough, and practicale to a wide range of difficult problems.
- Represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Stay abreast of new technology to ensure future applications are met.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Maintains the strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires a Bachelors degree in a related field and fifteen or more years experience as a business process analyst working with computerized management systems to include, but not limited to, product life cycle systems. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- Must possess one to three years of experience in designing, developing, configuring, and implementing primarily SAP BI (Business Objects) reporting solutions using SAP BW and/or non-SAP data sources.
- Strong experiencepreferred in SAP BI (Business Objects) 4.1+ using the full suite of BI tools; WEBI, Analysis for Office/OLAP, Lumira and Design Studio. Additional experience in BO Server configurations with Web tier development is desired.
- Experience preferred in developing BW BEx queries and BO universes using BICS connections as well as knowledgeable in SAP BW architecture and Data Workbench.
- Ability to build highly intuitive and captive reporting solutions and dashboard metrics
- Strong experiencerequired in ECC modules of PP/MM/WM, FI/CO, QM, PS with understanding and familiarity of business process within these key areas
- Demonstrated experience as a key contributor to multiple end-to-end SAP BI implementation projects
- Experience working in an Aerospace & Defense / Manufacturing environment would be preferred
- Must have excellent organization skills including planning and coordinating work assignments to meet project milestones or completion dates.
- Must be customer focused and possess: (a) the ability to identify and analyze issues and develop solutions to a variety of moderately complex problems; (b) strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report, and present findings; (c) strong interpersonal skill to interface with all levels of employees, management and external contacts
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment is essential
Job ID#: 22155BR