Business Relationship Mgr II
Business Banking serves thebanking needs of businesses with $.5 million to $20 million in revenue. The Relationship Manager (RM) manages aportfolio of these clients and is a key role in the field organization, building relationships by providingfinancial advice to business clients with a focus on clientexperience andrisk management.Business Banking is looking for an RM to develop new business and deepen existing relationships.
- Build collaborative internal and external relationships to provide the best in client advice and service, develop the business to ensure a seamless experience for the client who has multiple products and services.
- Serve as a trusted advisor to the client in delivering comprehensive and customized business banking products and solutions tailored to the financial needs and circumstances of business clients.
- Manage and grow a branch-based portfolio of business clients in assigned branches; manage credit opportunities up to approximately $1.5 million.
- Use knowledge of business, finance, banking, credit and risk management to identify, recommend and promote products and solutions that best serve the client while still working within risk parameters that protect the bank.
- Build relationships by calling on existing clients to truly understand their businesses and analyze product and service growth opportunities and ensure profitability of portfolio.
- Build and utilize referral networks and centers of influence to independently identify and pursue potential new clients, looking for ways to cultivate a long-term relationship.
- Protect the firm by following sound risk management protocols and adhering to regulatory requirements.
- Develop and manage a disciplined marketing process by identifying steps/strategies necessary to effectively maintain and build relationships with clients and prospects.
- 3 to 5 years experience in a business banking relationship management role or related business lending experience; direct in-person contact preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field, or equivalent work experiencerequired.
- General knowledge of core business products and services including deposit and cash management.
- Understanding of credit products, credit application process, and potential outcomes.
- Strong communication skills with individuals at all levels, internally and externally.
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal partners and influence others without direct control.
- Ability to identify opportunities and issues by asking targeted questions to assess current client needs and goals.
- Ability to consider and balance client needs and objectives with respect to associated challenges and risks.
- Ability to determine priorities on a daily basis and maintain a balanced work approach to achieve business objectives.
- Understanding of general and sound business practices, financial and economic concepts, and how business needs vary by industry/market.
- Strong current business network.
- Travel requirement: approximately 25%
Req #: 180036925