Job Title: Business Relation Manager
Location: Monroe, MI / Grass Lake, MI
Interview Type: Phone+ Skype
Primary Skills: Business Relation Manager
Acts as the liaison between a Global Product Line business and the Global IT function. Understands both business strategy and operational needs. Provides oversight and drives prioritization of IT investments, aligned with both the business strategy and IT technology roadmaps.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as a single point of contact for IT Portfolio for Global Product Line Management Team (Senior Vice President and their direct reports).
- Assists Director and senior staff’s point of contact for IT issue escalation.
- Ensures the appropriate people are working the issue and the appropriate business team members are informed of the status.
- Represents the Global Product Line team by maintaining a high degree of visibility within the business and attending business meetings, providing a central point of information for all related IT activities.
- Works with the business vision to develop and define IT enabled projects (defines processes and systems solutions) that are adequate and appropriate to meet tactical and strategic business needs.
- Works with the business for project shaping of IT enabled initiatives: Requirements elicitation and assists in identifying project benefits.
- Drives consensus for a desired future state that meet the business needs, as well as, fits the IT Architecture and strategy.
- Contributes to the business strategy, by identifying how IT can contribute to business goals in conjunction with the Key Business Contacts.
- Acts as IT counsel to the Global Product Line staff.
- Drives the prioritization of IT projects / IT investments and bring projects to conclusion on-time and within budget.
- Ensures communication and coordination with leaders of other IT groups.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of the key business processes and systems employed by the business.
- Maintains an up-to-date understanding of both Business and IT Strategy.
- Recognizes the implications of changes in business and adapts the IT Portfolio accordingly.
- Supports the IT Architect group by making recommendations regarding the fit of new technology to business needs.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex problems in a non-technical simplified manner and in business impact terms.
- Good project management skills. Attention to detail.
- Subject matter expertise relevant to assigned business area.
- Ability to effectively communicate business needs to the technology teams.
- Excellent analytic skills. Business Process or Value Stream mapping.
- Exposure to and ability to conceptually discuss solutions involving ERP tools such as SAP (FI/CO), Engineering tools (PLM) and/or databasereporting tools (COGNOS, Microsoft Power BI, SAP HANA).
- Well organized and able to work on own initiative.
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills, ability to influence others at multiple organization levels.
- Consulting, negotiating, and business case development skills.