Job Title: Business Relation Analyst
Location: Lake Forest, IL
Interview Type: Phone+ Skype
Primary Skills: expert levels in IIBA, Six Sigma, Automotive
Excellent communication skills 10/10
expert levels in IIBA, Six Sigma, Automotive
- This position supports the Business Relations Director and acts as a liaison between regional business units within various product lines and the global IT function to provide technical solutions that support strategic objectives.
- This role requires a hybrid of knowledge of the systems and capabilities of the IT organization, as well as an understanding of the global product linessupported.
- This role will support corporate functions as well as the Clean Air and Ride Performance divisions.
- Additional areas of support will include the various Tenneco Business System (TBS) elements: Sales & Commercial Operations, Product Development & Launch, Manufacturing Operations, Integrated Supply Chain, Global Finance, Continuous Improvement, and Global Human Resources.
- Using an understanding of both business strategy and operational needs, works with various business groups to define desired future states to address business problems. Works with the appropriate IT functions to define IT-enabled projects, shape them, and develop the business justification.
- Assists the Business Relations Director in driving alignment of IT investments to support the business strategy and IT technology roadmaps.
- Works with appropriate business functions to identify business problems and define future state solutions
- Works with the business to develop and define IT enabled projects (define process and systems solutions) that are adequate and appropriate to meet tactical and strategic business needs
- Supports ‘brokerage’ of IT services
- Works with the business and appropriate IT groups for project shaping of IT enabled initiatives. Elicits business requirements and helps to identify project benefits
- Translates business requirements into functionality requirements and helps define the business value of the requirements
- Assists in the creation of compelling business cases in support of IT enabled projects. Clearly articulates the benefits of proposed projects in Business language
- Assists business partners in communicating the value of IT solutions to key stakeholders
- Estimates required project effort despite ambiguity
- Works with IT Architecture and key business stakeholders to define Business Capability Roadmaps. Identifies required IT enabled projects needed to support the realization of the Business Capability Roadmap
- Ensure appropriate acceptance test conditions are defined to ensure that the delivered functionality works and delivers the business value
- Acts as a liaison between business knowledge workers, business partners, and design teams
Certificate / License: IIBA/BABOK (Business Analysis Body of Knowledge) certification
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively across multiple constituencies to support project and organizational change management objectives
- Subject matter expertise relevant to assigned business area / function
- Strong working knowledge of key Business processes and concepts
- Ability to effectively communicate business needs to the technology teams
- Strong analytical skills especially in the area of requirement elicitation
- Well organized with the ability to work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Good interpersonal and collaboration skills, strong ability to influence others
- Strong leadership, consulting, and negotiating skills
- Experienced in business process analysis, standardization and optimization
- Experience with tools like Lean Manufacturing, TMS, and Six Sigma a plus
- Automotive experience
- Basic financial skills needed to develop quality and comprehensive Business Cases
- Familiarity with SAP a plus
- Analytical and logical sense
- Conceptual thinking
- Ability to collaborate with global colleagues