Business Project Continuity Manager
The health care marketplace necessitates a change to Cigna’s business model – health care professionals are seeking new opportunities to collaborate in order to drive revenue, clients are demanding improved health outcomes for their employees and greater affordability of care, and individual consumers are taking a more active role in their health care. In response, Cigna is developing and implementing local market win strategies through Localization that transform our go-to-market approach taking customers, clients, health care professionals (HCP), and distribution partners (i.e., the broker community) into account.
Reporting in to the Market President, Northern California and the Pacific Northwest, this position supports the business model evolution through project management and coordination of activities which promote localized market strategy.
This role is both internal and external facing and will work closely with critical internal matrix partners that include, but are not limited to, medical management, pricing, underwriting, sales, product, operations and other matrix partners to ensure appropriate level of support to deliver next generation capability development and management around provider collaboration, networks, reimbursement and other aspects of the value chain.
Manages increasingly complex projects and works to drives project management of integration activities across HCP contracting and service area in support of a “One Cigna” experience for HCPs and in the creation of complimentary strategies.
Project manages the integration of the market strategy into appropriate platform (e.g., HCPM, AIMS, Facets, Proclaim, etc.) through planning, coordination and local market facilitation.
Identifies and recommends initiatives to improve department goals and outcomes.
Supports the contracting market lead with planning, status reporting, milestones, dependencies, and management of risks/issues/action items.
Drives the market strategy plan / milestones through the use of project management tools (e.g., t-minus plans, project plans, timelines, etc.) and maintains detailed market delivery plans.
Coordinates with business leads, market deployment managers, product owners, local market leadership and matrix partners as applicable to proactively own and drive specifically assigned work items to completion.
Ensures the timely and quality development and distribution of all deliverables for projects.
Overall management and coordination of regularly scheduled organizational update meetings within the contracting team and upwards to the broader localization market leadership team.
Supports an environment that leverages ideas, best practices and talent and leverage corporate-wide resources to benefit business initiatives
Shares information and viewpoints openly and directly with others; Conveys spoken information clearly and concisely; Conveys basic facts and information clearly in written communication; Listens carefully and attentively to others' opinions and ideas; Demonstrates active listening behaviors; is able to convey change management concepts into business language.
Takes accoutability for owned tasks; Demonstrates dedication and passion towards department duty; Demonstrates confidence to lead teams with diversified members to success; Delegates project tasks properly based on skill-set and business requirement; States clearly what task's expectation is to team members
- achelor’s Degree and 5 years of related experience OR 7 years of related Project Management experience is strongly preferred. MBA, PMI Certification Change Management experience or Six Sigma training also valued
- Experience in managed care contracting and/or managing executive health care professional relationships preferred
- Ability o foster collaboration, value others perspectives and gain support and buy-in for organizational proposals
- Demonstrated project management skills and success, including cross-organizational initiatives
- Excellent oral, written presentation and communication skills
- Ability to drive, lead and influence in a matrixed environment is critical
- oal-oriented and personally accountable; resourceful and self-directed
- Proven track record of delivering results of high quality and sustainability
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong business acumen, with proven ability to leverage knowledge base to quickly come up to speed in new business areas and new types of projects
- Proven ability to create and further develop strong relationships with both business and IT leadership